x

Galaxy S7 Rogers - Chip reader pairs- but says Device Not Supported

I'm trying to connect the card reader to my Samsung Galaxy S7, but it does not work.  I've attached the video to show the error.  I've followed all of the troubleshooting posts I could find.  I also unpaired, rebooted my phone and followed the steps again, still won't work.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hello @pmurray, welcome to the seller community. Thank you taking the time to troubleshoot and provide the video of what you're encountering.

Very sorry for the confusion—I went to check on this and the Samsung Galaxy S7 isn't supported with the Contactless and Chip Reader in Canada at this time. We're working to support as many Android devices as possible and we will update this section of our Support Center as soon as it's included: Devices Compatible with the Square Reader.

In the meantime, you may need to use a different device listed on that page, if possible. If you need to process payments right away, you may do so by keying them in manually or by sending invoices. Hope this helps clear things up a bit more.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

Hi Tom, @Tom

I checked the compatability page before I purchased and it is listed as being supported.

https://squareup.com/ca/compatibility?platform=Android&brand=Samsung&model=Galaxy+S7

If it's not supported, i'd like to return it, can you point me in the right direction to do that.

Thanks

Paul

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Totally understand and thanks for mentioning that, Paul. I'll be sure to surface your experience and point out that we need to be more clear about Galaxy S7 Rogers compatibility on that page.

To make a return, you'll need to follow these steps: Square Hardware Limited Warranty and Returns.

In addition, I'll circle back if I'm able to uncover any other solutions. My apologies again for any frustration.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 5

This is brutal.  I did the exact same thing as you.  Not sure why it's listed on the website... still

Message 5 of 5