x

Can I take credit cards while traveling in Europe?

Going to Europe and hoping to take payments. Does Square work in Europe?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Your upcoming trip to Europe sounds awesome, @hoppermusic! Though we offer card processing services in the UK (as of March 2017), you will *not* be able to take payments with Square while you're traveling through out Europe as we can only process transactions that take place within the country that you sign up from. Wanted to clarify so you can sort out an alternate option if necessary. Have a great trip!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Right now, you can't take payments in Europe with Square. We support payments processing in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and Australia. We know how useful it'd be to take payments in other countries—and we're working on it.

Enjoy your trip!

Message 2 of 7

Just ordered a chip reader specifically for this prupose (hoping it gets here before next Thursday's tour in Switzerland begins!). From what I remember, everyone there has chips (more than magnet strips). So it'll work? Thanks more making such an awesome service available to us all. 

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Your upcoming trip to Europe sounds awesome, @hoppermusic! Though we offer card processing services in the UK (as of March 2017), you will *not* be able to take payments with Square while you're traveling through out Europe as we can only process transactions that take place within the country that you sign up from. Wanted to clarify so you can sort out an alternate option if necessary. Have a great trip!

Message 4 of 7

Ha - I totally (totally!) misread that first post. Okay, thank you. Well - at least we have a chip reader for future US sales. It's all good. 

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

😉  👍

Message 6 of 7

Can I use my square in Europe?

Message 7 of 7