x

Photo of Item Purchased

Is there a way to see a photo of the item purchased on the invoice or receipt if the item description is similar to other items within your store? Just had my first online purchase and it's confusing to figure out what exact item they purchased, I see the description but photo would be more helpful. Also, when the item is purchased the photo still shows on the online store even though I had Qty as 1, is that typical? Thanks for any feedback.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @Brooso, welcome to the seller community!

I think I see what you mean: the item image does not show up on the receipt nor the sales report. For now, if you need to see an image of what was sold, you'll need to head over to your Item Library and select the item — the image will display in the item detail.

Regarding your question about the item showing up in your Online Store, once it's sold it will still display (but won't be available for purchase) until you remove it.

I can see how having the image surface in your reports or having the option to show it on the receipt would be helpful in this case. I will pass along your experience to our Product Liaison team, who makes improvements based on seller feedback.

Appreciate your patience, and let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9

Hi, please advise if a feature to display images of item purchased shown in the invoice would be added soon?  I have seen others have the capability somit be noce Square can enable that for us too

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

I think this is what you're looking for, @bbpaneque!

@Tom provided step-by-step instructions for attaching images to an invoice in that post - those should help 😊

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9

Hello. I sell jewelry and although I can see the item’s description on the receipt, an image would be helpful for me but also my customers, so they have that to refer back to. Is there a way we can add the item’s image to the receipts as well? 

Peace & Grace
Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hiya @DazzlingGems1,

There's not a way to have images show on the receipt. It'll just show the name of the item there.

I moved your post to an existing feature request thread for it where it can be tracked.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 9

Ahh ok, hopefully this is something they can add in the future:)

Peace & Grace
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

There are no item images in the Online order screen on Square POS. It would be super helpful for staff who are pulling items to be able to see specifically what they look like as they pull the items to pack for orders. 

Is that a feature I can turn on? I swear images used to be there on that screen a few months ago and now it just shows the first two characters of the item name instead. 

Image of the screen I mean attached for reference.

IMG_9548.jpg

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Maegan,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller asked about photos of items showing on receipts/order confirmations.

We're tracking it here as a feature request.

Ashley C
Message 9 of 9