x

How do I delete a location?

How do I delete a location?

How do I delete a location that is inactive?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How do I delete a location?

I am frustrated with the location option. I am the owner and some how I am listed as the location. Now I cannot see my inventory or update my inventory. I am afraid to deactivate location for myself because I am concerned I may lose everything. All I want to do is see my inventory and update it.

Verified Answer

Re: How do I delete a location?

While we don't currently offer the ability to delete a location completely, you are able to deactivate any of your locations directly from your Square Dashboard. You can also reactivate your location at anytime, so you don't have to worry about accidentally disabling a location. 

I'll be sure to send your feedback about having this functionality over to our Product Liaison Team. 

138 Comments

Hi everyone,

I am one of the frustrated customers that got the instruction via email to create another location without a warning that once a location is created, it cannot be deleted, and after clicking the save button, the location is created but the page is still there, which makes us think that we are missing info or info is entetered incorrectly, so we go back and change the name of the location not knowing that by doing so, we are creating another permanent location. I have made calls to the support center but apparenty this is still an issue since last year. Square is still not doing anything about it or maybe they are, but this is one of the flaws the whole company has. So to make this issue less frustrating, I have gone back to the inactive locations, I go to every one of them and edit them by deleting all the info in all fields (except State in the address field can't be deleted) and name the nickname under "Inactive 0", " Inactive 1", "inactive 2" and so on. So when we go to our dashboard, it will be less confusing since we only see name of the active location and the others are under "Inactive". Hopefully Square can address this issue sometimes soon. We have faith in you Square! Please get on it! 

I'd like to add my voice to this request. I am a new Square user and was testing this feature to see if it would work for my purposes. It does not, now it is simply a distraction requiring multiple clicks going forward for setting up my account.

It would be great to know if this has been addressed by the Square Product team since the original post in April 2016. Thanks!

Couldn't agree more!  Looks like these threads track back to nearly a year ago (May 2016). 

PLEASE allow us to delete a location!

Product Liason Team, fix the issue. 

Exactly my question for dashboard and also the fact that deleting a device is not available too. I'm writing this reply to let Square know that the lack of this feature is really annoying and could be a tiebreaker. Right now I'm running simulation tests using Square for my small store, haven't use it for any real transaction. And if you're saying that all my test locations and devices will stay forever visible in the dashboard, well I rather not continue.

This featuer needs added.  I set up 2 locations so I could charge 2 different prices, however both prices show up on the marketplace, so it's not really helpful at all.  I would like to delete the other locatin as it's becoming a pain to constantly have to choose a location for inventory.

Admin

Hey @anchoredfashion, thanks for pointing this out and sorry to hear about the trouble that this is causing. While I don't have an immediate update on this, I will share your post with our Product Liaison team.

We'll circle back with any updates that will help streamline this pricing and location issue as they become available. Appreciate your patience as we're constantly working to improve based on seller feedback.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH THAT WAS EASY 

Adding my voice to the chorus! We just joined square and during our on-boarding and training were directed to add locations, even though it turned out we didn't need to from a reporting stand point. Really hoping to have the ability to remove locations that we have NEVER used. Please advise. 

Thanks!

Beta Member

I agree.  I set up my Etsy site as a location, my web site as a location, and my retail shop as a location.  However I have integrated my woocommerce site and my square POS and am having to do double and triple data entry as a result of square not knowing what location to put the inventory in, after it is imported from woocommerce.  HELP PLEASE

I am not sure how I even created another location. But how can I delete a location?