x

How can we set up departmental sales for dealers in our co-op?

How do we set up options for dealer sales within our co-op?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @heartlandcoop

Can you let me know a bit more about what you're looking for? I think you might be interested in creating categories for your dealers but correct me if I'm wrong! 

When you crete categories, each item you sell is assigned to a specific dealer. This helps to organize your items and you can also view reports by categories too!

If you'd like to share more about your coop and what you need please reply here. I'm happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

There will be too many items that the dealers sell to itemize each one. Is there a way to type in at pos a description or number of what is sold?

Message 3 of 6

Hey @heartlandcoop, I think I have an idea for you, but I have some questions first. 

1. Is each dealer an individual business?
  2. Do you just want to add notes to each transaction?
  3. Do you have any interest in viewing a report for how much of a certain item was sold?

Number 1 is important, because there can only be one bank account connected to a Square Account at a time and if you have $20,000 dollars on credit card sales we send a 1099-K to the IRS. Which could become quite a headache come tax season if you're trying to split it among multiple businesses. 

Message 4 of 6

Yes to all three! And all deposits will go to one account. So to pay these dealers for what is sold from their business I need a report of what was exactly sold all month. 

Message 5 of 6

So what you could do is create a location for each dealer. This would allow each dealer to have their own item library. Also you can run reports by location in the Square Dashboard which will give you the sales for a specific dealer. 

I can't give tax advice, but keep in mind if their sales reach over $20,000 dollars and 200 card transactions we will file a 1099-K for each location that meets the requirement. Although it will be reported under the EIN or SSN on your Square account and there can only be one attached to your account. 

Let me know what you think @heartlandcoop

Message 6 of 6