x

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Just got and android device, wondering if square appointment app is compatible with it? Not seeing app I'm store.

Thank you in advance.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Hi everyone - I have some exciting news to share. We are now recruiting sellers for an early access Android app

Read more at Devon's post linked above.

159 Comments

I will also love to try the Android appointment app when its available!
I'm in the laser tattoo removal industry (business from home) and an appointment app would be SO much easier for me.
I've tried about 50 other ones via google searches and they're all either: too complicated, want you to set up a website with them, dont integrate a calender widget (this is a big one, please include this Square!) or all the above! 

I'm trying to migrate from Bookfresh to Square since Square took it over.  Seriously.  The original question was asked OVER a year ago about an adroid app and all I can see is Square replies saying "we're working on it".   I'm questioning my migrating to Square appoinments now.  It's clearly obvious you're NOT working on it because a over a year later..still no app and that was my main concern and when I asked via email I got the same response "we're working on it".  I should've scoped out the Q and A first.  The world is not OWNED by Apple. There are A LOT of us Android users out here and this like shoving Apple down our throats to get this or you don't get it at all.  Is there like  a kickback coming from Apple for y'all?   This is extremely frustrating you have all this for Square and yet y'all can't come up with anything for an Android app??   One thing for sure.. I'm having issues migrating... maybe it's a sign to look elsewhere!  Get on the ball people!  Make the app!!!!

More accurately (and more discouragingly), from what I've seen they've not even been saying that they're working on it. They've been saying that they acknowledge people want it, and it is something they'd like to do someday if/when the stars align to make it worth it to them. 😛

You may be correct in your suspicion that there are behind-the-scenes agreements and exclusivity contracts which are causing Square to behave the way it does and to make the odd decisions that it does. I've often thought the same.

Unfortunately there is very little reason for Square to change much. Their whole schtick is to create a simple, relatively inexpensive point-of-sale and mobile payment processing service, and to massively mass-produce and mass-market that solution without offering much control or granularity at all. This has been so successful for them, there is little reason for them to bother spending developer time working on features that only a single-digit percentage of their customers care about. So sad.

I think all merchants who want this feature should boycott square.

You would be correct,  they're actually not working on it clearly.  My online appointment system is being taken over by Square appointments and I can't find one I like that does what Bookfresh does so I was just going to migrate to here. I emailed and asked the question before looking at the community and was hopeful until I saw this thread. 😞    I refuse to use anything Apple, not impressed with any of their over priced products. 

@twmbham  I agree.  As I don't use anything specifically designed for Apple products, this may well be on the boycott list. I'm just going crazy trying to find an online appointment system that has what I need and my time is running short before mine ends as they are taking over my current appointment system that works very well for me. 

We have been using Fullslate.com for over 2 years now and we LOVE it. Give it a try. It's affordable and has lots of features. We have a widget on our website www.TvWallMounting.com/booking_onc

I doubt many merchants would boycott. That'd require a change in payment processor, which can be very disruptive. And if the lack of an Android app was bothering them so much they'd consider a boycott, they likely have switched off Square already.

There's a work-around though. You can sync your Appointments account with the Google calendar on your Android device. That way you can essentially view your Appointments calendar (albeit not all details) and can even block off time to prevent bookings. The main drawback is that you can't easily take bookings over the phone when you're away from a computer, but even that is still possible using the Android device's browser.

@DaoDeJing My issue isn't the processing as I use SparkPay which is cheaper for me through my bank than Square by 1% (except AMEX).   Mine is just having to find another appointment system online that offers what I need since Square is taking over my current one. 😞 

I am an avid Android user and do not like Apple products, BUT I LOVE Square and everything Square offers for my business.   I have conformed and purchased an Apple IPad 2 because the business I bought came with a POS system that was missing the IPad and my Asus Pad does not work with it... so I will be very happy to switch over to the Android system when you get it up and running.   Hoping it is sooner rather than later... however... thank you for being awesome... even if I have to use an Apple product to make it work. 🙂