x

Why do I have multiples on my client list?

When I pull up my client list I have multiple of the same client's.  Some are their full name, others are first name last initial. I keep merging them but why is this happening?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This is from Square/credit card data.  If you ring a sale and use a card that has been associated with a square account or another square vender the name and initial will show up and associate to the sale.  If you don't add the customer to the sale it will do this.  If you add the customer information to the sale then it will associate them together.  This can happen if they use multiple cards and you don't add the customer to the transaction.   This can also happen if you don't find the customer and create a new one.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This is from Square/credit card data.  If you ring a sale and use a card that has been associated with a square account or another square vender the name and initial will show up and associate to the sale.  If you don't add the customer to the sale it will do this.  If you add the customer information to the sale then it will associate them together.  This can happen if they use multiple cards and you don't add the customer to the transaction.   This can also happen if you don't find the customer and create a new one.

Message 2 of 2