Be able to edit the mobile version separately from the desktop version

Hi there,

This is very important, because my name looks perfect on desktop website & BULKY on MOBILE website.

Thanks 

• mobile
  • site editor
Comments

It has more to do with how you have structured your website.  If your website has random alignment to make it look good on desktop it will never look good on mobile.  The best practice is to design website using mobile first mindset.

I just came over here to create a site because I want to use Box to process payments. My other and previous sites are/were created on Wix.com. I have to say, I am SERIOUSLY disappointed in the very limited designs and tools available. I am REALLY angry that the mobile looks so horrendous and there is NO way to specifically design on it. Wix.com provides an easy way to design in mobile and make adjustments so it looks good in both places. I am afraid to create this site and have it look like trash on mobile. I may go back to Wix for this just because of this. -Tanya

I too am incredibly diappointed that I can not edit my mobile site. Please Weebly, fix this! My site looks horrendous on the mobile app! It would just take a few little tweaks to make it great

I need to edit my mobile site - this looks horrible!!!!!!

I want a 'switch to desktop' button; however, in the meantime thave decided to standardize all images to 700x500 pixils and use a two column format. this has cleaned up a lot of the mobile site mess I had encountered.

http://www.chromatherapylight.com/color-in-light.html

Still looks better on desktop.

This really SUCKS!!!!! If I had known that you cant edit the mobile version I would have NEVER gone with weebly!

Wix is far superior and I will never recommend this to any of my colleagues. How cheap can you possibly be to have crap like this and rip people off making it appear to be able to have a professional looking website. I absolutely regret going through the headache of making a site on weebly.

We actually shouldn't have to edit separately for mobile.

Theoretically, the newer Weebly themes are responsive. However, in my experience, even the responsive themes do not have responsive elements. 

Title, text, image, spacer, and most other elements don't scale/respond for mobile. The divs do stack but that's about the extent of it. 

Bottom line, Weebly is not fully responsive even for its "responsive" themes like Birdseye. 

I completely agree. They are touting responsive themes without really providing the service.

Here's my beautiful Weebly Mobile site, and no I did not zoom in, this is literally what it looks like on any phone.

IMG_5142.PNG

Here are examples of people that chose other site editors and hosts for their websites (NOT WEEBLY SITES). These are only a few and they all use different site builders. I could easily get 50 examples of shops that look as good as these. Weebly has the worst mobile site I have ever seen. 

IMG_5141.PNGIMG_5136.PNGIMG_5137.PNGIMG_5138.PNGIMG_5139.PNGIMG_5140.PNG

@Creature is correct. The lack of mobile responsiveness is not really apparent to Weebly subscribers until they've done all the design work on their site. Then, when they start reviewing on mobile, only then do they find out that Weebly has misrepresented the responsive capabilities of their platform. 

And as far far back as 2014 Weebly was saying this:

IMG_1108.PNG

Weebly either needs to stop claiming that their responsive themes are "consistent between the web and mobile views" or they need to get this fixed. It's embarrassing. 

@danielpeter  Thank you so much for your input and for pointing out the false advertising. Weebly needs to address its shortcomings and stop trying to con top tier paying customers into buying into higher plans and follow through with what they are already supposed to be offering to those of us that already paid for their services as advertised.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors