Be able to edit the mobile version separately from the desktop version

Hi there,

This is very important, because my name looks perfect on desktop website & BULKY on MOBILE website.

Thanks 

• mobile
  • site editor
Comments

My website looks absolutely fine on both desktop and mobile.

Your examples look to me as if maybe you've not resized your images for the web BEFORE the responsiveness kicks in.

I'm also wondering if it's the template you are using (you do realise that not all are responsive?).

Which template are you using that's giving you so many problems and have you tried another one?

The issue is not just images (which should be sized primarily for the desktop experience). The problem is that Font Awesome icons and titles don't scale down appropriately.

I just bought an add-on called "X" which does have responsive scaling for different platforms as one of it's main features.

This may be a solution for some issues.

YES. I'm using an old and unresponsive theme just so I can avoid the annoying view in mobile for the responsive themes. 

New to weebly, but confused why they would move in the responsive theme direction? We all carefully edit on desktop, and then the majority of people see it on mobile, which looks terrible and cannot be changed? Unless we go and change code, which is untested by Weebly themselves?? This is insane, we should protest vigorously. 

I, too, will be leaving weebly for this reason alone. To suggest that I can edit on desktop but have no control over the mobile site, where 90% of my traffic will be, is utterly ridiculous.

Weebly, whY?

Hi,

i would like to request that Weebly put a new feature for editing the mobile version of websites into the editing tool we currently use, this would add something other companies like Weebly are offering currently and help to get mobile sites looking as good as the desktop versions.

regards,

Peter Legge-Hughes

To be able to deisgn the mobile version and desktop version separetely. When designing a site the desktop version looks great one way and the mobile version looks great another way. It is very hard, nearly impossible, to make them both look good and work smoothly. We should be able to design the mobile version as we please without having to change the way the desktop version appears

@AJCfan: I see what you mean. 

I don't want to do it, but if that feature is important you may want to patronize other small weebly design business.  I can suggest few who would do it at reasonable cost.

You need to be able to seperately edit a mobile site without changing the desktop site. Your responsive themes don't adapt properly unless you simplify your website way too much. Lots of people are complaining about this. At least give the option to turn off the mobile website. I don't want to have to change to another hosting service.

Yes, please. This is a major drawback in an otherwise terrific platform. The workaround of changing the meta name initial-scale on headers from 1.0 to 0.4 does make the site readable on a phone (if you use your fingers to enlarge). But on an iPad it makes you look dumb. Why would you use such a small font?

PLEASE FIX.

Long-time user.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors