x

inventory not tracking correctly

I will be selling items in person and through our online store.  I have set up the inventory and tested sales through the online store and confirmed that the inventory tracking is working correctly.  However, when I use Point Of Sale on the Square app, inventory tracking is NOT working. There are 2 problems:

1. I'm able to sell more items than I have in stock

2. After the POS sale, the inventory is not adjusted.

Any advice on how why this is happening and how to fix it??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Once you are out of stock on an item it doesn't shut off, prevent or remove it from the sale.  You will have to do that yourself.

Once a sale is complete it takes a while for it to show up on the inventory, I have noticed it is not instantaneous.  Give it 5 or 10 min.

Message 2 of 3

Thanks for your response.  To me it's a problem that I'm able to sell something I don't have in stock.  We're using Square to sell tickets to a gala.  I have 10 seats at a table and when all the seats at a given table are sold, I should not have to be able to sell more.  That means I have to check my inventory on a desktop before I can make a sale, just so I don't double sell seats.  It would help if I at least could check my inventory on a hand-held device before making a sale, but I can't even do that. 😞

PS. The fact that the inventory wasn't being updated turned out to be a software bug that was discovered and fixed last Friday, Nov 3.  That part was resolved for me by upgrading to the latest version of the POS app.

Message 3 of 3