x

Square Appointments: Is there a way to schedule in time-blocks

I need to be able to set up an AM and PM time block where clients can schedule, and then we can make our service routes based on the addresses of the clients scheduled for each time-block. Is there a way to do this with Square Appointments?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @jmswoboda, welcome to the seller community! Thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, the ability to schedule time-blocks for optimizing location-based appointments isn't available. While I don't have a workaround for this right now, I'd like to surface some more information with our Product Liaison team—any chance you can share more information on how your service routes are set up and way this is important for your business?

In addition, if any other sellers have insight or tips on what's worked well, feel free to chime in!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

I need my schedule to be "blocked(specific)"

appointments, is this possible? 

Message 3 of 7

Hello @amethyst! I'm sorry, I don't fully understand your question. Are you looking to block specific times on your calendars? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 4 of 7

I think I am having the same problem. If my business hours are 8-5 I don’t want customers to be able to start an appointment anytime throughout the day. My available appointments are 8, 10:30, 1pm. I only want my customer to be able to choose one of these appointments vs making an appointment at 9am for instance. My appointments are 2 hours long and I want to maximize my time by having appointments start at these times. 

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @TRueLee

Welcome to the Community! 

Since you're specific about your hours you wish to have appointments made, I would recommend looking into a few of features. 

Under Appointments > Settings > Calendar & Booking > Online Booking Preferences: there is an option to allow you to approve all appointments made by customers. This would give you the control to accept them. 

Another place to check is under your settings as a staff member. Go to Appointments > Staff > Click on your name > Manage Staff Locations: It will look like the picture below. Click on the "+" to add certain times for availability. 

Lastly, you can add prep or blocking time to the service itself to help with timing too! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or you were looking for something different. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

I also schedule customers in time blocks, and need this feature. For example we are a mobile business and work with dogs, so we have traffic to deal with and sometimes difficult dogs, so we quote customers 3-hour time blocks, and that is our "Arrival Window".

We would also need to be able to accept multiple appointments per block of time, as we can potentially fit in up to 8 customers in a 3-hour time frame.

I would love to us Square but appointment times won't work for us, and I don't see it working for most mobile businesses.

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7