x

My organization received a square promotion, is there any cost associated with this?

My organization received a square promotion and it offers a suite of free tools such as magstripe reader, point of sale app, digital receipts, serious security, and square dashboard. Is there any cost associated with this promotion? Also if you already have an account can this promotion be used towards a current account? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@jmccarver, the only cost associated with the typical Square promotion is the credit card processing fee that everyone incurs when they process an order (this is ongoing, not related to a promotion).  

There is no cost for your first magstripe reader or the standard software tools like Dashboard and Online Store.

Any owner of an existing Square account can order a reader by logging into their Dashboard and choosing "Order a Reader" just below "Account & Settings" near the bottom of the left-side Dashboard menu.

Also, it's okay to have two Square accounts...handy if you have two separate businesses!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

@jmccarver, the only cost associated with the typical Square promotion is the credit card processing fee that everyone incurs when they process an order (this is ongoing, not related to a promotion).  

There is no cost for your first magstripe reader or the standard software tools like Dashboard and Online Store.

Any owner of an existing Square account can order a reader by logging into their Dashboard and choosing "Order a Reader" just below "Account & Settings" near the bottom of the left-side Dashboard menu.

Also, it's okay to have two Square accounts...handy if you have two separate businesses!

Message 2 of 4
Square

@Owl - Thanks for the help! 

@jmccarver - I'd also suggest checking out the Square Get Started Guide. It has a ton of great info for new merchants! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 4

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!

Message 4 of 4