Be able to edit the mobile version separately from the desktop version

Hi there,

This is very important, because my name looks perfect on desktop website & BULKY on MOBILE website.

Thanks 

• mobile
  • site editor
Comments

I've used WIX for my personal sites but here at work I'm struggling with weebly. Not being able to find a template (which I can barely edit to begin with) is absolutely frustrating. I'm about ready to ask my boss to just let me code and forget weebly. We still have seven sites with weebly but mobile is infuriating and for this new site it's crucial. She want's a site everyone can access at work but no one can figure out how to get it to look good for mobile. The backgrounds and pictures look incredibly off. WE NEED A MOBILE EDITOR

I've used WIX for my personal sites but here at work I'm struggling with weebly. Not being able to find a template (which I can barely edit to begin with) is absolutely frustrating. I'm about ready to ask my boss to just let me code and forget weebly. We still have seven sites with weebly but mobile is infuriating and for this new site it's crucial. She want's a site everyone can access at work but no one can figure out how to get it to look good for mobile. The backgrounds and pictures look incredibly off. WE NEED A MOBILE EDITOR

Anyone have any luck getting to edit mobile?

Status changed to: We're Considering It.

We really appreciate the support for this idea! The Weebly team is considering now, and hopefully we will hear an update soon.

I REALLY need to be able to edit my mobile version seperately from my desktop version. I changed to a new theme and absoutely loved it. Problem was it forced me to use mobile view (it didn't have the option to not use it like the old themes do). I want to use mobile view but it looks absoutley horrible and simply just doesn't work. I can't find a way to make my desktop view and mobile view look good. Right now, it's on desktop view for mobile and it works but people have to zoom in to read the writing. I wish I could just edit the desktop view and mobile view sepeartely and make them different. Not sure why this hasn't been done yet

With most customers acccesing my website by thier mobile phone it makes no sense that we can not have a mobile editor. At the moment the elements are being stacked and some of my elements are totally out of proportion, this looks totally unprofesional so I think I will be leaving soon as this is just not ok

IN FAVOR OF WEEBLY MOBLE SITE EDITOR

I agree with Adam and have been experiencing this issue myself. I found this page looking for a way to edit my Weebly mobile site because the header isn't centered on the mobile version. 

I've created a site with Weebly for some clients, but I'm relatively new at web design. I used Weebly because I could rely on its built-in editing tools. Presentation on mobile is huge for business today.

I hope that you might add (or re-add) mobile site editing in the near future, or at least post some resources for people trying to find solutions to this issue. There is demand for help and it might make the difference between someone staying or going with your brand.

Thank you,

J

Ability to disable/enable sections and/or elements for mobile and desktop views would be great!

I had sent numerous emails to help desk about how to edit from a mobile device and got nothing except "read the help section". So being able to edit from an iPad, for instance, when I'm on the road at a show, and need to remove something from the store that sold, is pretty important. Right now I have gotten zero help, but its sounding like I'm not the only one that can't figure this remote thing out.  

Hey, @RLM1!

This idea is actually about having a mobile site that looks differently than your desktop site. I'm sorry that you're having trouble editing your site from your mobile device, though. Please send me a private message, and I'll do my best to troubleshoot with you.

Thanks,

Erin

It's fun to try to do the conversion from desktop website to mobile automatically --- BUT, WE ARE LOOSING BUSINESS because Weebly is not very good at doing this important job -- nor is anyone else.  

This is a VERY hard problem which, as usual with such problems, is rarely solved well by automated solutions.  Our desktop website has a lot of good material -- but it is too much for a mobile website.  We need to have the mobile website have significantly different content than the desktop website.

So, please, please let me do what I do well: Build Websites with Weebly.  I'm happy to spend the time if my mobile website is as good as I can make it with Weebly.

Thank you.

Harry Forsdick, a Weebly day 1 customer who has stuck with, and promoted Weebly through thick and thin. Just so you know how far back I go, I attended the Y-Combinator presentation when you reported on your summer project.

harry@forsdick.com

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors