x

Running cash drawer/printer with a different stand

Hi

Im so new to this, just openeing a store , i wanted to know a couple things, i purchased the dock/card reader and swipe one too. But i would like the printer and cash drawer  but i dont have a regular ipad i only have mini so if i get a generic stand for my mini can i still link up the register and cash drawer or do i have to have the square stand? Lastly can this be all done off line or do i need internet at my shop? thanks for help

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You don't need the Square Stand.  Here is the Hardware that will work with the iPad.  You must have an internet connection to process credit cards.  If you don't have internet your Contactless Reader will not work nor will other features of Square.  I would recommend this printer and drawer.  Note that the printer connects to the drawer and the printer controls the signal from the iPad to open the drawer.  The printer is a network printer and must be plugged with an ethernet cable.  Here are more accessories.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You don't need the Square Stand.  Here is the Hardware that will work with the iPad.  You must have an internet connection to process credit cards.  If you don't have internet your Contactless Reader will not work nor will other features of Square.  I would recommend this printer and drawer.  Note that the printer connects to the drawer and the printer controls the signal from the iPad to open the drawer.  The printer is a network printer and must be plugged with an ethernet cable.  Here are more accessories.

Message 2 of 4

Isn’t that printer usb though? How would I be able to get it to work if I don’t have the stand with the USB port?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

The printer is connected via ethernet to your router, Square sees it through the network.  I have 3 of these and have up to 8 devices connected to them and printing.

Message 4 of 4