x

E gift card not sent to recipient

Someone purchased an e gift card from me and they got a receipt, but the recipient didn't receive an email with the gift card.  It was for her birthday and I felt bad the customer came to me with this.  I got a notice also, but not the person who was supposed to get it.   I can't contact anyone due to support closed on the weekend.  I did see that it can be resent and I did that as well as issue you a paper gift cert.  Has this been an issue?  I hope it is just a one time glitch... I like the gift card option.  This is the first time anyone used it since I set it up.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @LBYW, really sorry for the confusion—definitely don't want something like this to put a damper on someone's birthday gift. Did your customer purchase the eGift Card online or directly in the Point of Sale app? If both you and the buyer received notifications, it sounds like the eGift Card was successfully purchased.

Is there any chance that the recipient checked their spam or junk folder? Sometimes our notifications can end up there. If they're still not able to find it, you can get in touch with our Customer Success team via email on weekends—they'll be able to take a deeper dive into the specific eGift card purchase and make sure this gets sorted out.

Again, I apologize for the frustration. Please let me know if you continue to encounter any issues with getting this resolved.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

They said they checked the junk file... they did pick the future date option so I am wondering if that was an issue.  

They purchased it online though my ecard link.  

My guess is the recipient probably did miss it somewhere in their email.  I might do a test on my own and see if it works fine.  

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

It could be that, or maybe they mistyped the recipient's email.
Ask them to confirm the email address of the person they were trying to send it to - there is the option for you to change the email & resend it.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 6

I am currently having the same problem.  Same customer purchased twice, not in his email, he gets a receipt but no qr or barcode

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SweetThea,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience here! You should be able to resend the gift card from your gift card dashboard > select the gift card you'd like to resend > enter the recipient’s email address > click Resend

Please let us know how you go!

Message 6 of 6