x

Off line sales now saying declined

I was doing a market today and was having issues with payments due to connection. After tyring to process cards with my reader, it would say declined. It gave me the option to except payments offline, which I did. After it excepted the payments and said approved, customers signed and all. Now when I look in my square transactions I have a bunch 5 that say declined, which is a loss of money for me if they do not go through. The customers CC info is still there as this was just hours ago. Please tell me this will go through, as I did exactly what square said and every single customer who purchased from me today in the end regarless of if I had to process it off line said that their CC was approved and they signed as well. any help would ne appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

Offline mode is risky.  Yes, it says approved, but it really means It has collected the data. In offline mode, you are taking credit cards without connecting to the server for approval.  Once back online the card transactions transmit... and some may be declined.  If there is a declined sale it will not go through.  The only way to get your money is to call the customer, I hope you got their information.

I don't use Offline mode.  You can disable Offline mode in the app/menu/settings/offline mode and toggle it off.

Message 2 of 2