x

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there an option to create categories in Appointments? I have a rather long list of services and don't like that my clients have to scroll through everything to get to what they want. If not, is it a feature coming soon?

Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

So, there is a way to do this, but it requires embedding the list on your own website. 

In appointments, under online booking, website embed: 

"View Advanced Options" button

"Create New Widget for [your company name]"

Give this widget a name - location, day of the week, etc. Whatever will help you know what is in the list.

You can select what staff are able to be booked - so you could limit it per location

You can select which services are to be included

Save

Now you will see the widget in the "Saved Custom Widget" list.

Click view the online booking page will open displaying only the staff and services you selected. 

You can copy the link URL and either send it to clients, make a link on your business website, or embed the entire widget into your site. You can even embed several widget on the same page of your website to split up categories, dates/days, location, staff, etc, keeping all services on one page, just organized by categories. Or you can devote seperate pages to specific items/staff/etc. I created a google sites (in google drive) website to try this out. works beautifully with a google site. I haven't tried it with any other site yet.  It molds right into your webpage and keeps viewers on your site and not moving to the appointments page and missing all the other content on your website.

I hope this helps those that are really struggling with the need to have this all categorized and organized better. If you have any questions about what I've done here, please ask.

Verified Answer

Re: Appointment Categories?

I see how that would be super useful, especially when you have a wide range of services offered under one roof. We don't have that option right now but we'll announce any updates as soon as they're available. 

166 Comments
Admin

Thank you for posting @BodyTMM and for including the names of the categories you'd like to see in this feature — that's very useful information for our Appointments team! 

Please add our name to the list of those needing categories for Appointments - we have about 70 individual services that customers need to scroll down and so categories would be a great help.

Also, it would be quite helpful to be able to link directly to an individual service from my website.  I could then create a helpful guide on my website to help customers select the service they need - and then link them directly to the right service & make an appointment.

Perhaps something like adding our own HTML Anchor tag - so we could then append the #tag to the end of our web page URL.

Jim Biddle.

website support for Carolyn Elliott Permanent Makeup inc. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @carolynelliott

Thanks for sharing your need for the Appointments category. 

I can see how linking out to the individual service would be helpful for the example that you mentioned. 

It sounds like this would streamline your bookings, so I'll pass this over to our Appointments team. 

Keep an eye out for updates in the future. 

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Service list in Appointments" The author has been notified via email.

We are a fusion salon that offers services in our salon and a couple of services on-site. When you check out our online booking page, we have listed ALL of our services both in salon and on site. We list multipule options for various services depending on length to make sure that we are covered for the ACTUAL time that it takes us to do each service. The result is that we have A LOT of options. Clients have to scroll thru many options to find what they are looking for.

I have suggested this before, but I would like to do it again, as I am sure that many of your clients might be in need of the same options.

I would like to be able to have categories to help clients find their desired services easier which will help us book more appt online.

Here is an example:

Waxing

- Brows
- Lips

- Legs
- Arm Pits

Makeup
- Traditional
- Airbrush
- Just eyes
- Just lashes

Lash Extensions
- 2 Week Fill
- 3 week Fill
- Full Set

I think you get my drift. Please let me know if this is something that it in que and will be announced soon. Please share with developers to have put into que. I've been waiting for this for so long! We could really use this!

Yes, I am dying for this update as well! It would make the booking portal so much neater looking and make booking faster. I hope they create an update soon!

Great! I’m glad I’m not the only one! Hey what do you guys do? I’m a salon! 

Oh awesome, I am in the beauty industry as well. I have a skincare studio offering facials, waxing and lash extension services. I am currently looking at other apps that offer services categories for appointments and customer logins so that my clients don't have to constantly add in their info to book.

I love the simplicity of the Appointments program! May I suggest one thing I would love to have an option for.
Appointment Service Categories, maybe a type of drop down maybe even prompt to add additional services.
For myself in the beauty industry I would love to streamline my menu into service categories instead of a long list.
Otherwise the program has been wonderful and I am glad I switched!

Do you all have an ETA of when you will offer the Appointment Category feature? 

Also looking for this function, not only for improved customer booking experience but also to categorize income coming into QuickBooks. If my bookkeeper can't tell whether income came in as a Consult, or a treatment, or a private yoga session, she can't assign it to the proper chart of accounts. It's a major oversight for a POS/Appointments app.