x

Remove my debit card

How can I remove my debit card information
Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

[This post was updated by moderator in 2020 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Hello @askgoody and @Chefdanis, currently you cannot delete the linked debit card form the Square Dashboard. You can only add a new card. Instant transfer require you to manually initiate it. So if you don't plan on using Instant Transfer there's nothing to worry about. 

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square

Where were you looking to remove your card information from? 

Message 2 of 16

[This post was updated by moderator in 2020 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

I wanr it taken off account. I just want to keep next day transfer. 

Daniel Carter

Message 3 of 16
Admin

Hi @Isimon, were you able to get your question answered? If, by chance, you linked a debit card for instant deposits, take a look at how to edit your linked card in our Support Center.

Hope that helps! Feel free to write in directly if you have any account-specific questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 16

How do I DELETE the linked debit card from the instant deposit screen without entering another debit card number?

The linked debit card is to a closed account and my new account is a Chase liquid account that is read as a prepaid card in the system and I'm unable to link it to the instant deposit protocol.

The actual bank account is correct, but the debit card number is wrong.

Message 5 of 16

Best Answer

Hello @askgoody and @Chefdanis, currently you cannot delete the linked debit card form the Square Dashboard. You can only add a new card. Instant transfer require you to manually initiate it. So if you don't plan on using Instant Transfer there's nothing to worry about. 

Message 6 of 16

If I use instant deposit will it go to my bank account

Message 7 of 16
Super Seller

instant transfer goes to your linked debit card, next day transfer goes to your bank account.

Message 8 of 16

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How to remove an old debit card without the new debit card?" The author has been notified via email.

I need to remove a card from square 

Message 9 of 16

OK  how to add new card

Message 10 of 16

It won't let me open to remove.

Message 11 of 16

I have a new debit card and don't see how to change the instant deposit card for square. It still has my old card number but I don't see a way to change it.

Message 12 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @CRBTruck!

I've moved your post to an existing thread of other Sellers who were also looking to edit their debit information.

This resource will walk you through how to edit your card for Instant Transfers from your Online Dashboard. Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 16

hhh

Message 14 of 16

Hello @kalashvancouver I am sorry you are having some issues! In order to provide the most accurate information, do you mind clarifying where you are trying to remove your debit card? 

Message 15 of 16

If you are trying to remove your debit card from instant transfers then you will need to reach out to Support so we can verify some additional information and they can unlink it from their end.

If you need anything else let us know @kalashvancouver !

Message 16 of 16