x

I have 2 different home base business.

I have 2 different home base business's under same roof. I have a home decor and the other is computer repair. My question is I know I can set up second location for my Computer Repairs and other services. How can I keep my sales and services separate from my Home Decor in on one account?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

@wmorris There are many things you need to think about when setting up your square accounts.  Are these two separate legal entities, different accounts, names, etc.  If that is the case you will likely need to set up two square accounts and sign into the one that corresponds with your business activity.  For example we have a retail ice cream shop and a B&B two entities and two separate accounts.

If all you want to do is track the sales / inventory from each and have everything process under one name and one account, you could, for example, create categories to go with the items.  Maybe a Category of Computer Sales or Computer Repair v. Decorating or Furnishings.  You can then have items (actual charge items) under each of those categories.  This would allow you to run reports and show the income by business line (category).

Message 2 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

You can actually set the up as seperate locations under the same account.  If they have different tax ID under Tax Forms in the Dashboard you can provide the Correct Tax ID for each business.  If they are both on the same Tax ID as the main account then you don't have to do anything.

Setting them up as seperate locations will allow you to share some services, but keep the inventory, sales, etc seperate.

Message 3 of 11

@RHatch How does that work if the entetieshave different names?  Receipts, etc.?

Message 4 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

You can set up each Location can be very independent from the other with it's on Name, logo, Address, etc.  I have 3 Car Washes in three towns.  All have different services, prices, tax.  I can make all of this unique to each location. 

Message 5 of 11

What about the back end.  Does the money get deposited to the same account or different accounts?  I wonder if Payroll could be separated that way as well.

Message 6 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Deposits are seperate.  If you want it in the same account then put in the same account,  if you want it in a different account put in that account.  We have it all go in the same account.  I can also add a 5 character reference code that shows up on the check book deposit so I know what location it came from.

Some services are priced and seperate per location but they would be with two accounts too.  I can't answer the Payroll question.

Note you can only log into one location at a time on the app.

Message 7 of 11

Ahh there is the catch.  It can take 1 minute or so to log out of one location and into another all the time.  But I guess if you are not time critical, switching between businesses while a customer waits you are ok.

Message 8 of 11

So if I have 2 separate accounts. 

Account 1 which is Morris Technologies of Amarillo

Account 2 wich is Galaxy Home Decor

Is it possible to have 1 bank account on both Square accounts?

Message 9 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Seperate accounts or multiple locations you can use the same bank account.

Message 10 of 11

I think having 2 separate accounts would be less hassle. Due to:

1) Bank or Credit Card Statements due to separate business names.

2) At least that I can connect 2 separate business accounts on Sqaure to One Bank Account.

Message 11 of 11