x
Beta Member

Does anyone else use Square for a dry cleaner?

Trying to see if Square would work for a dry cleaner POS system. If anyone is using successfully please let me know.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hello,

We have been using this for close to 5 months now and so far like it, plus you can't beat the cost, FREE!

If you have any direct questions about the set up please let us know!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Dear cashcleaners,

I just bought a drop off station and want to know how to set up Square system with all the items specifically for a dry cleaners shop? I have tried to play around with this software but confused as hell. Please help guide me to the right direction. Can you email me at [personal info redacted] for the instruction? Thank you so much. 

Message 22 of 42
Alumni

@A1cleaners thanks for posting here! I removed your email address from your previous post so that we can keep your personal info private - feel free to use the private message feature of the community to talk 1:1 to other members! 

@CashsCleaners, if you have instructions for how you set things up for yourself, it'd be amazing if you could post them here for others to see as well! 

Message 23 of 42

I just opened a dry cleaners - wash & fold drop location & purchased the square point of sale to get started —- I have been using it for a few months now & using self- made list of items ... I’ve had no trouble invoicing my customers, but I’m not sure I’ve got my item list set up correctly & I could really use some help from someone ((anyone )) who can help show me the correct way to utilize the features that square POS offers a business like mine -

help?! Please and thank you! [Personal Information Redacted] 

Message 24 of 42
Admin

@lexcleaners Helen here from the Community team! If you still have questions about setting up/organizing your item library and how to use Open Tickets you could call our CS team. They'd be happy to help! The steps to call are here: Contact Square Support.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 25 of 42

How about printer for tags ?  And which POS system of Square App do you down load for Cleaners?

Thank you

Jay

Community Cleaners

Dry Clean Express Inc

Will appreiate a direct reply on [personal info redacted] 

Thanks again

Jay

Message 26 of 42
Alumni

Hi @Jerif1960, I took out your email address from your post so that we can keep your personal info private - feel free to use the private message feature of the community to talk directly to other members or to have a conversation on this thread, since others may benefit as well. 👍

Message 27 of 42

K thnx and you are ?

Message 28 of 42
Alumni

@Jerif1960, I work on the Seller Community team at Square 😀  - we review posts for private info just to make sure you don't get any unwanted emails. 

Message 29 of 42

Yes! I would love to know more about how to do this too! Thank you! [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 30 of 42

Hi I have a couple of questions one whenever the customer comes in is it easy for me to add their account to the receipt 2 does it alow them to pay later 3 is their a option for after the cleaning is done that I can somehow right where on the rack I put the clothing 4 Can I have a text sent to the customer once the clothing is ready for pick up 

Message 31 of 42
Admin

Hey @Frunzikg, thanks for checking in here. I wanted to make sure you got a followup on your questions:

1. Your customer can add either a phone number or email address at the time of the payment and they'll be able to receive automated receipts thereafter: Automatic Receipts.
  2. At this time, you can't defer payments using the Point of Sale app. We are tracking this request in this thread: Down Payment or Partial Payment options.
  3. You can add a note at the time of accepting the payment: Notes on Payments and Item Descriptions.
  4. At this time, the ability to automate a notification/text for when this kind of order is completed isn't available. You may have to do that manually for now.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit more. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your post with our Point of Sale Team. Keep in touch for updates on these requests. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 32 of 42

Hi, I own a Fluff and Fold business and want to know how to print tickets for customers. They pay when they pickup their laundry. Is there a way to do this?

Message 33 of 42
Alumni

Hey @benbundy - Do you happen to be using our Open Tickets feature? If not, it may work for what you're looking to do. Upon accepting the items, you can add them to a ticket, print out a copy for the customer, and when they pick up, you can close out the ticket for them to pay.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 34 of 42

Am wondering if there a way to print a claim check for the customer at time of drop off.  This is for an alteration shop

Message 35 of 42
Alumni

Hey @Fblee - I merged your post with a thread on a similar topic. It sounds like my suggestion above to use Open Tickets might work for what you're looking to do.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 36 of 42

Hi Ben, 

I also own a laundry business. How has the open ticket feature worked out for you? I've looked into it for our fluff and fold service but I'm worried it's too many steps for my employees who aren't very tech savy. 

Message 37 of 42

@benbundy 👆 😀

@surfnsuds when you @ mention a member they get an email notification. 😉

Message 38 of 42

Hi, I quit using the system bc it didn’t have a way to print a ticket for a customer with an invoice number at time of drop off. If they have fixed the issue I’d love to know. 

Message 39 of 42
Admin

Hey @benbundy! We don't have any Product updates to share on this particular topic. If and when we do, we'll be sure to post on this thread. 👍

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 40 of 42

I’d love to know answer to this also !! Thanks 

Message 41 of 42

I am a dry clean delivery service. I use square for everything except my mileage and website.  

Message 42 of 42