x

How do I delete this square account completed ( not just disable, I want it gone)?

How do I delete this square account completed ( not just disable, I want it gone)?

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@aggisquare, you would head to Account & Settings on your Square Dashboard and you would see the option. If you have a pending deposit you will not be able to deactivate your Square account. 

Also if you have an employee on your account (even if it's just yourself) you will have to call our Support Team. They will have to manually deactivate your account. 

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Super Seller Alumni

@Hey From your Square Dashboard. Here are the instructions to help you.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3819-deactivate-your-account

Message 2 of 17

1. Log in to your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select a reason for deactivation.
  3. For security purposes, enter the password currently associated with your Square account.
  4. Click Deactivate.

How is this helping anyone?

Message 3 of 17

Hey @rhyaam001 these are the instructions for deactivating an active account. If you haven't activated card processing, then there will be nothing to deactivate. 

Message 4 of 17

What are The steps between 1. And 2.

What is the link that takes me to "select a reason to deactivate"?

Message 5 of 17

Best Answer

@aggisquare, you would head to Account & Settings on your Square Dashboard and you would see the option. If you have a pending deposit you will not be able to deactivate your Square account. 

Also if you have an employee on your account (even if it's just yourself) you will have to call our Support Team. They will have to manually deactivate your account. 

Message 6 of 17

Hi, how do I reset the 4 digits password to have access to the security area? Thank.  God bless 

Message 7 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @Get356 - Are you referring to your 2-Step Verification code? Can I please get more details related to the code you're requesting? 

Thank you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 17

if i delete my square account will my processing order be canceled

Message 9 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jacobfarley25

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you provide more details on what it is you've processed? 

Message 10 of 17

@Hey, we're sad to see you go. 😔

@Ron has provided a great resource to help with this. If you have an account with multiple locations, you will have to reach out to our Support Team. They will be able to manually deactivate your account. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 11 of 17

why i click on account &setting , I didn’t see the deactivate button?

Message 12 of 17
Admin

@uyenvu If you have a pending deposit or ongoing chargeback you won't see the option to deactivate your account. You can check your deposit status from your online Square Dashboard. If you have questions about your account please call our CS team who can take a closer look.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 13 of 17

I understand wanting it gone but I dont understand why a Tech needs to be involved.  Ive had multiple locations but have closed them and it leads to a lot of confusion in the process to have these deactivated accounts lying around.  Hopefully I dont press a wrong button and some old account starts recieving payments.

Damon Valverde
Message 14 of 17
Admin

Hello @LSCMAUI! You do not have to contact Square to deactivate a location/locations, or to deactivate your entire account. But if you have a pending deposit or pending chargeback for xample, a seller might not see the option to deactivate on their Dashboard - in which case we recommend calling in so we can help clarify.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 17

The poster had asked how to "completely delete" the account, which is quite understandable in these days where sensitive/private info is being targeted or hacked all over the place.  Even PayPal instructs users to delete their data before closing an account, with PayPal permanently deleting the account/info after 24 hours of account closure.  Does "deactivating" the account completely remove all user data?

Also, to piggyback on the poster's question with an intricately related one, how do you delete bank accounts in Square?  There is no button such as with PayPal (big thumbs up to PayPal here for getting the interface right and respecting users' data), and after 7 formal written requests to Square, they have yet to complete this simple task.  Not to mention having non-existant phone support - always showing "Unavailable" or otherwise with an email support agent providing an invalid customer code so that the user gets stuck continuously hearing "Invalid code" from an automated voice messaging system with no way of connecting to an actual person...  Such lack of respect for users' data.

Message 16 of 17

Any update to this seemingly simple task?

There still is no method of removing deactivated accounts...B league

Message 17 of 17