x

Delete Team Member

Beta Member

Delete Team Member

This doesn't seem to be an active request because I can't comment on the thread at https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Read-only-archive-Square-Payroll/How-do-you-delete-a-team-member-... which is what the subject links me to as an existing request.

It's been 6 years of discussion since this wasn't submitted.  I mean, really, why hasn't been done.  There is no legal obligation to keep these employees on the books, and having duplicates, old contractors, dead people and all show up in reports and my "inactive" employee list is ridiculous.  Please fix this.

51 Comments
Beta Member

Some of my employees have duplicate inactive accounts... there is 0 information in these accounts, I must have created them accidentally. But without deleting them it makes it very condusing when running reports etc to have these duplicate names. How do I delete there profiles instead of just renaming as inactive?

@SaltyBlonde Most likely there is not.  The reason I say "most likely" is because I refuse to test it.  I have tried to delete duplicate or inactive before with no luck.  Same thing if you accidentally push the "New Location" button - WOW don’t ever push the "New Location" button, you will have a new business identity for life. 🙂

It seems to be all or nothing if you create any new identity of any kind.

Make the duplicate inactive - this should be your only option, unless Square stops limiting or settings. 

🙂 Cheers!

@SaltyBlonde Currently, we do not have the ability to delete duplicate employees. This is a common feature request and I will pass this feedback along to the Employee Management team.

We recomend marking these employees inactive. The employees will not come up while running reports if they have been marked inactive. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back! 😀

Even though employees are marked inactive, they still show up on the filter by employee lists on timecards making it impossible to select the correct employee. Please fix this bug quickly. It can't be that difficult to have a button to delete a database entry 😛

I disagree that making them inactive solves the problems.  In my case, when the employee clocks in it goes to the inactive duplicate profile.  I tried reactivating the inactive employee to change it so that it is not verbatim, but with no luck.  It blocks be out. When I try to go to the active profile to enter a new timecard, it enters the data onto the inactive employee!! UGHZ.  I agree, someone on the support side should be able to delete these bad entries.  

Square

Hi @NRAH. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback and providing more details. This is definitely an area where I think we can improve the customer experience. I'll be sure to share your thoughts with our product liaison team. 

How do I completely delete an employee

Super Seller

Head over to the Team section in your Dashboard.

Choose the employee, hit the three blue dots next to their name, choose Deactivate Employee.

For reporting purposes, the employee will stay on your system but will not be able to log into your Point of Sale or clock in and out on Square's Payroll. This will also allow you to re-activate them if you ever desired to.

I have tried to delete a name from employment and it will not let me. I have followed the instructions, but still nothing.

Super Seller

https://squareup.com/dashboard/employees/permissions/employees

Choose the employee, click the three dots next to their name in the top right corner, click Deactivate Employee.

you can't delete the employee as information will be needed for taxes.