x

Is it possible to filter our transactions to only show sales that have tips added on?

Hey Square folks, I've seen responses to quite a few threads regarding tips, I've got a different question for ya!

Is it possible to filter our transactions to only show sales that have tips added on?

For example, when I'm in the "Sales" section, with the "Transactions" tab highlighted, I can see all sales and have the option to filter Payment Methods, Employees, etc... What I need to see, and would really, really help me out is being able to filter and only see transactions where a customer has added a tip. Is this possible with the way the dashboard works right now, or is this something you could make happen for me? Otherwise I have to literally click every individual sales transaction of the day to see IF and WHAT transaction recieved a tip. If this could be possible you would save me soooo much time and I would continue to love you forever.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey @EMSNashville - Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to filter out tipped transactions at the moment. This is an interesting request though. I am curious as to what you would use this feature for within your business, if you don't mind sharing. Any feedback you share could help make a case for the feature request with our Product Team. Up to you though! Either way, we appreciate you bringing this up to us. 👍🏼

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the response! 

I do realize it's not something that may be necessary for EVERYONE but it would be killer for us. There are a handful of reasons it would be beneficial to us. We operate a repair shop AND an upstairs "retail space". It would be nice for analytics sake to see what services garner more tips vs. standard sales upstairs. Also there are a handful of people that work in our repair department that don't actually ring people up for the transaction and it would be great to be able to just filter out at the end of the month to see the amount of tips recieved, to what specific jobs, so we can distribute them appropriately. 

Like I said, I know not to many people need this, but it seems like it would be easy to add "Tips Recieved" of "Sales w/ Tips" to the tab up top that could just filter the sales transactions of any and all payments recieved with tips! 

Hopefully this makes sense, trust me if I didn't really think it we needed it and if I thought it would be super difficult for your team, I wouldn't have ever signed up for the community and taken the time to post to the board.

Square has been great for our business (3 years now) and I love how you guys are always adding new ways to integrate other parts of our business to make life easier for us! This would be a welcomed addition!

Cheers.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Under Transactions you can export a Transactions.csv and with some filtering and formulas find some of the information you are looking for. 

Message 4 of 4