x
Beta Member

Square for Retail: Inventory Management - Can't Search by SKU

When using the search bar in the Inventory Management function, no results show up when searching for an item by SKU.

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@SeanBoss @mike109 Thanks for clarifying that for me and I'm sorry for my confusion. I was definitely searching in the Item Library itself, not the Inventory Management section. 

After doing some investigating, searching by SKU in the Item Inventory section *should* work, however it's an ongoing issue that our Retail Engineering Team is aware of and is working on. 

I don't have an exact timeline on when this will be fixed, but it should be resolved soon. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you on this. 

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @mike109

That sounds odd. I was able to test this out and I can confirm that the Search by SKU function is working as intended. 

Try clearing the cache of your web browser, and be sure to hit the Enter or Return key when you type in your SKU from the dashboard Item Library. 

Let me know if that does the trick for you. 

Message 2 of 13

I'm having the same problem...I cleared the cache and made sure to enter but nothing. I can include the product name and it searches and finds it but not the SKU. 

It searches fine by SKU in the Item screen. However, when in the Item screen if opt to edit inventory it allows me to select alerts but not change the quantity--I then have to go to Inventory management and change it there. Cumbursome and time consuming. Is this as expected or an issue?

I just upgraded to Square Retail just last night if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

Sean

Message 3 of 13
Beta Member

Thanks @EJ_. I tried clearing my cache and tried both Safari and Chrome and this is still not working. I am on a MacBook Air, running MacOS Sierra version 10.12.5. Below are the versions of the browser I am using.

Chrome: Version 59.0.3071.115

Safari: Version 10.1.1 

Message 4 of 13

@SeanBoss Since you're using Square for Retail, you'll want to update your stock from the Inventory Management  tab. 

@mike109 You might need to call in to our Support Team so they can walk through this with you, as I'm not able to reproduce the issue you're seeing. 

Everything seems to be working as normal in regards to searching by SKU. 

Message 5 of 13
Beta Member

@EJ_ - just to make sure - are you searching within the Item Library or the Inventory Management tab? When searching by SKU in the Item Library it works fine, but the issue I am having is when searching by SKU in the Inventory Management tab. I just wanted to double check that we're talking about the same thing before I call the support center. Thanks!

Message 6 of 13

Yes, I think we both are having the same issue. I too am in the Inventory Management tab and it can't search bu SKU. It does search by product name but not SKU. 

I have no problems searching by SKU in "Items"

Sean

Message 7 of 13

Best Answer

@SeanBoss @mike109 Thanks for clarifying that for me and I'm sorry for my confusion. I was definitely searching in the Item Library itself, not the Inventory Management section. 

After doing some investigating, searching by SKU in the Item Inventory section *should* work, however it's an ongoing issue that our Retail Engineering Team is aware of and is working on. 

I don't have an exact timeline on when this will be fixed, but it should be resolved soon. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you on this. 

Message 8 of 13

why is this not fixed yet .. its been 7 months?  whats the status?

Message 9 of 13
Admin

@DollarRadioSale Thank you for following up on this.

I just checked in with our engineering team and they are actively working on this, very sorry for the delay. As soon as it's possible to search for an item using the SKU from Inventory Management section of your online Dashboard we'll update this thread.

In the meantime you can search using the SKU from the Items section of your Dashboard. Appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 13

Commenting to follow this thread, I posted a question about this issue as well, so I look forward to seeing it resolved.

Message 11 of 13

Commenting to follow this thread, I have been experiencing this issue as well and look forward to seeing it resolved.

Message 12 of 13

I am in the Inventory Management tab...still can't search by SKU. 

Sean

Message 13 of 13