x

How do I modify Grid to show pictures of Items?

How do I modify Grid to show pictures of Items?

On the main page I am seeing a grid with Picture Examples. For example, if the Category is "Towels" there is a picture of Towels shown on the Grid. How can I add pictures to be represented on my grid for the item sold?
Thank you

36 Comments
Square

The tiles in your Items Grid will reflect the image assigned to the individual item placed there. This article will walk you through this process. 

While it would be awesome if you could assign images to categories added to the Items Grid, this feature isn't currently available. It's definitely a popular request we've heard from folks. 

I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts too! 👍 

We would also love to be able to add an image to a catagory...it would make finding the catagroies so much easier in our grid. 

I agree.  Some categories have the same letters on mine screen.  For example:  Chicken Noodle Soup and Chicken Noodle Dinner both have "CH" and they are 2 different dishes.

Square

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback, as well as examples. I'll be sure to pass this along to our product liaison team! 

Hi! I want to add that I also would love this feature. I use the grid for quick access to categories, but the tiles all look the same. I would love to be able to upload and assign an image for each category so they can identified quickly. This is really important when I have a very long line of customers.

@HappyFireworks I will make sure to pass this feedback along to the product liaison team. Thank you for sharing! 

Consider me to be a +1 on this! 

Pictures for categories makes it much easier to visually drill down through the menus quicker 🙂

This post is over 6 mos old and this rather simple feature has yet to be added. Major fail on square's part

Please add this feature! I'm just setting up my square and I'd really like to be able to add pictures to catagory buttons.

Any progress on this feature?