x

What is the purpose of the Fake-It Filter? How can I find in it my settings?

Hello

I am trying to locate the "fake it" filter settings on the site and cannot find it! Help!

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How can I find my fake it filter settings?

Message 1 of 15
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Square offers what we call a Fake-it Filter!

It allows you to manage how busy you’d like to appear on the bookable calendar your clients will see 📅 

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 9.36.35 AM.png

To enable this filter, you'll head to your Square Dashboard > Appointments > Settings Calendar & Booking > scroll until you see Fake-it Filter at the bottom of this page. Here's some information about the different filters you can choose from: 

• Slightly Busy - removes ~25% of your openings
  • Moderately Busy - removes ~40% of your openings
  • Extremely Busy - removes ~50% of your openings
Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 15
Alumni

Best Answer

At this time, there isn't a way to set up different Fake-It-Filters for different staff members, @nyctabs. However, I can suggest two workarounds that may work for your multi-staff business - these suggestions don't depend on an algorithm to block off time like the Fake-It-Filters do.

What you could do is either customize the availability of each of your staff members, or have your staff members create personal events to block time off. The second option would be a great option in that your staff members would be able to choose the time slots that they would like to make themselves appear unavailable.

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Why would we use it? 

Message 2 of 15
Super Seller

Some people don't want customers to go to a booking site and see that every day and every hour is available (or nearly all).  So this will make it seem like your business is busier and therefore more customers like it thus bringing their subliminal opinion of the store higher that others are using it.

Message 3 of 15

But does it help? 

Message 4 of 15
Super Seller

I can't attest to it because I don't use appointments but in theory, it makes sense.

Message 5 of 15

where can I find the fake it filter settings on the site???

Message 6 of 15
Alumni

Hi @birdsofprey - You can find the Fake-It Filter options by going to your Appointments dashboard > Settings > Calendar & Booking.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 15

As appointments are booked, does it open up the filtered times that were hidden?

Message 8 of 15
Admin

Hey @blubyu23, yep—and you can regulate the degree of how busy you need your schedule to appear:

• Slightly Busy - removes ~25% of your openings
  • Moderately Busy - removes ~40% of your openings
  • Extremely Busy - removes ~50% of your openings

You may need to try out a few different settings to see what works best for your business. Hope this helps get you where you need to be.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 9 of 15
Alumni

Hi @birdsofprey - You can find your "fake it" filter under Appointments settings in your dashboard. Make sure you're on the category titled "Calendar and Booking" and scroll down to the bottom. 

Message 10 of 15

Thank you! Found it

Message 11 of 15
Beta Member

I wanted to know if there is a way to set up different fake-it filters for different employees?

Is there a way one employee could have the feature on and another employee has the feature off? 

Message 12 of 15
Alumni

Best Answer

At this time, there isn't a way to set up different Fake-It-Filters for different staff members, @nyctabs. However, I can suggest two workarounds that may work for your multi-staff business - these suggestions don't depend on an algorithm to block off time like the Fake-It-Filters do.

What you could do is either customize the availability of each of your staff members, or have your staff members create personal events to block time off. The second option would be a great option in that your staff members would be able to choose the time slots that they would like to make themselves appear unavailable.

Valentina
Message 13 of 15

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Appear Busy

I’ve seen an “appear busy” function on another scheduling app.  It allows your calendar to look more booked than it really is to give a sense of high demand. Is there an option like that with Square Appointments?

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

Best Answer

Square offers what we call a Fake-it Filter!

It allows you to manage how busy you’d like to appear on the bookable calendar your clients will see 📅 

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 9.36.35 AM.png

To enable this filter, you'll head to your Square Dashboard > Appointments > Settings Calendar & Booking > scroll until you see Fake-it Filter at the bottom of this page. Here's some information about the different filters you can choose from: 

• Slightly Busy - removes ~25% of your openings
  • Moderately Busy - removes ~40% of your openings
  • Extremely Busy - removes ~50% of your openings
Valentina
Message 15 of 15