x

Can I use Square in the United Arab Emirates? ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช

Hi Guys i am in the UAE and would like to set up square up but am unable to link my bank account to the app. Kindly advice if I can use the app here?

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @cherrytop - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹ Happy to provide you with some more information on Square's international availability.

Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Japan, the Republic of Ireland, and France. We currently donโ€™t support payment card processing outside of these countries or in U.S. territories. For more information, please see this article from our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Alumni

Hi @QB

You can use the global version of Square Point of Sale to record sales and issue receipts in UAE, but we aren't able to offer payment processing there at this time. 

If we expand payment processing to UAE, we'll be sure to make a big announcement. Let us know if you need anything else. ๐Ÿ‘

Message 2 of 17

Hi

We have a cafeteria in UAE doing small business, we were looking for a POS solution along with hardware, meanwhile I came square software. We only deal in CASH at the cafeteria, please advise how we can use this system and what will be charges for us to use.

Will this program work offline on ipad in case internet flips for a while ?

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Fahim

Message 3 of 17
Alumni

Hello from the UAE @fahimc! While Square won't be able to process payments in the UAE (which doesn't sound like a problem for you), you can use it to record payments, track inventory and grow your business. There is no charge for this use and you can download Square Point of Sale from the Apple App Store or Google Play.

Any other international POS users? How do you use Square abroad?

Message 4 of 17

can i use team plus in UAE 

Message 5 of 17

Hi there, @adnan5545674 - Any service from Square outside of actual processing of transactions and payments will be available for you. In other words, yes, you should still be able to use employee management.

Joe
Message 6 of 17

In team edit when I choose to manage multiple jobs below massage come.

Oh no, something went wrong.

It looks like we are experiencing some problems on our end.

Message 7 of 17

Dear Square 

Im thinking of using the square card reader to accept payments at the office and I was wondering what are the fees and if you have AED currency accepted.

Does the card reader work in the uae, does it link to my bank.

Thank you 

Message 8 of 17
Admin

Thanks for your interest in Square @Hadefalsuwaidi! At this time you can use the Square Point of Sale app to record payments, but card processing with the Square reader isn't available in the UAE.

If card processing is available in United Arab Emirates in future we'll update this thread to let you know. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 17

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can Square be used for an online business in the UAE?

I am setting up an online business and would like to know if I can use Square as an online payment method here

Message 10 of 17
Admin

@FMHC I'm afraid card processing with Square (in person or online) isn't available in the UAE. We'll share any updates here! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 17

Hi, I was wondering can I use the Square 2nd Gen stand in the UAE. Would it still work fine knowing that card processing is not available in the UAE. Would it work fine for issuing receipts along with the drawer?

Message 12 of 17

Hey there @gttuae Thanks for reaching out on The Seller Community! ๐Ÿ‘‹

At this time you will not be able to use Square if you are located in the United Arab Emirates. Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, France and Spain. We currently donโ€™t support payment card processing outside of these countries. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 13 of 17

Hey,

So I can still use Square stand with an ipad and a printer to print reciepts in the UAE right?

Message 14 of 17

Great question! @gttuae - Since our Square hardware and service is not available in your country we cannot guarantee that the hardware will work as expected. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 15 of 17

Same, I am from pakistan. Can I use square?

Message 16 of 17

Best Answer

Hi @cherrytop - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹ Happy to provide you with some more information on Square's international availability.

Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Japan, the Republic of Ireland, and France. We currently donโ€™t support payment card processing outside of these countries or in U.S. territories. For more information, please see this article from our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 17 of 17