x

How to Transfer my Square Sales Data to New Account?

I have taken over an existing business and I am aware that the account is tied to the old owner's SSN and I am unable to update my name. I am prepared to open another square account, but I want to know if the sales data can be transfered to the new account so I can view the history of the business under the new Square account. I am aware that the data can be downloaded to a .CSV file, but I'm not seeing any posts about uploading it to a new account. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

you can't -- SQ has dedided that this isn't 'possible'.   You can download them and look at them in a spreadsheet.... but SQ claims somehow that it isn't possible to import them into another account for comparison...   I was told they are 'working on this' -- but they weren't able to tell me where it stands...  so that means "not in a long while if ever" in my book

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

its not even a paid service... which is stupid.  Business transfers are a fact...and quite common.  And on a deeper level, the whole reason we have corporations and llc's is precisely to make it possible for individual human beings to move in/out of the business entity without causing a major problem in operation...   not having access to historical sales data IS a huge problem...and by linking these data to a specific individual is a terrible decision by SQ... perhaps they have regulations that need to be met ...great....that's fine. but to say that they have to link transactions to a person is stupid... we have EIN number precisely so that businesses can be treated like individuals...  huge failure in their customer service...

Message 3 of 5

I am in the same boat, right now! Were you ever able to resolve this issue?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @amandalocho - I can step in and assist on this one. Square does not offer a way to import historical transaction data into your Square account. If you are working with historical transaction data from a separate Square account, we would recommend keeping that account accessible for easy access to said data going forward.

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5