x

Loyalty customer search not working that well

This has been a problem for quite some time but I haven't mentioned it thinking others would and it would get fixed. But I don't see any conversations about this and it's getting to be a big problem.

So when we search for a customer, doesn't matter how, wether its on the website or if its on the app, what happens a huge portion of the time is that (although I will say it happens pretty much every time on the website, and thankfully not quite as often on the app). is that we will type in the full number, or name for a customer. I will see the matching customer momentarily, and then it disappears and is replaced with the answer "100+ matches" and even if I look through every single "matching" customer they are not there. But I know they are in the system because eventually I will get it to find them. But I may have to search for them several times, or retype it in several more times, or just come back at a later time.

I always type in the full number with the area code, I always double check or retype to make sure I am entering correctly... and it's still a problem. If I'm searching by name I make sure my spelling is correct. It's not user error, it's a problem with the search function.

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@LSGHFBKS @pessosices @DaoDeJing @waxappealstudio Thanks for your patience, our engineering team just confirmed that they were able to fix this issue.

It sounds like it's already working on Safari -- thanks @waxappealstudio

Can you all try again using whatever browser you'd normally use? Let me know if you're still having trouble searching for a customer and I'll report back to the engineers.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Admin

@LSGHFBKS Hmm that doesn't sound right. If you're not already can you try using Google Chrome to access your Dashboard? If you're already using Chrome I'd check for an update, or clear your browsing history. Also do you see the exact same error on in the app or a different error? 

If the issue persists can you take a screenshot or video of this and either share it here or contact CS so our engineering team can investigate? They'll also need to know what browser you're using. 

Also I've moved your second post to another thread so as to keep the topics separate!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 23
Alumni

@LSGHFBKS@waxappealstudio@pessosices@DaoDeJing - you guys still experiencing this issue? 

Message 3 of 23
Super Seller Alumni

Yup, still happening this morning

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 23

@pessosices, could you send us a PM with what version of Google Chrome you're using so we can pass it along to engineering? 

Message 5 of 23
Super Seller Alumni

Everything is fully updated. The latest version of chrome. Happens on multiple computers. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 23

@lilychiang Yes its still just as bad as ever. It is slightly easier for me to see it eventually. At least I haven't had to wait until the next day to do it anymore.

Message 7 of 23

Seems to be fixed in Safari

Message 8 of 23

It seems much better now. I haven't had any issues lately but I haven't been back "in"there a whole lot lately.

I'm really glad I said something. I will have to make sure and report things that sometimes just seem like a "little" annoyance because I honestly thought Square knew that was happening. It makes me much happier with Square as a provider also!

Message 9 of 23
Beta Member

I must have missed somthing in this discussion, because I have had the same issue for years (I also should have mentioned it earlier) and I am still having the same issues.  This is supposed to be solved simply by updating and clearing data?

Message 10 of 23
Alumni

Hey @artigiano - Can you confirm which browser you are using?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 11 of 23

@Helen I will try updating and clearing my cache to see if that helps.

In the app sometimes it does say over 100+ matches, but more frequently it will say there is no existing customer, and the majority of the time their number is in the system. It just doesn't want to find it right away or occasionally not at all until a later time.

Message 12 of 23

So I cleared my browser history, cookies & cache and am still expiencing the problem. I'm trying to figure out how to make sure it's up to date but haven't seen how yet.

Here are some photos of searching for myself. As I was typing in my number, my name flashed briefly as being found,  but it only showed up momentarily before being replaced by what I took a screen shot of. Searching by my name brought up only me, but not everyone in our loyalty program has their name associated with their account.me1.jpegme2.jpeg

Message 13 of 23
Admin

Thank you for troubleshooting your browser @LSGHFBKS. Are you using Chrome? You can go to whatbrowser.org to see details about your browser and it should also say if you're using an up to date version.

You can also check your current version/for updates from Chrome: click the three dots in the upper right of your screen and select Help from the list of options. Click About Chrome OS and a new window should open showing the version you're using and the option to Check for Updates.

Thanks for your post too @DaoDeJing. Can you also check for an update to your browser and if the issue persists let me know what browser and version you're using?  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 14 of 23

Thank you for the tips, I use Firefox at home so I'm not very familiar with Chrome. I followed your instructions and it says I am completely up to date.

Message 15 of 23
Admin

@pessosices @waxappealstudio Thanks for adding your posts too, and for your patience with this! 

I've collected everything and opened a ticket with our engineering team. As soon as I have news or an insight from them as to what might be causing this I'll let you know here!  

@LSGHFBKS @DaoDeJing if you can can reply to let me know what version of Chrome you're using that would be great.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 16 of 23
Admin

Best Answer

@LSGHFBKS @pessosices @DaoDeJing @waxappealstudio Thanks for your patience, our engineering team just confirmed that they were able to fix this issue.

It sounds like it's already working on Safari -- thanks @waxappealstudio

Can you all try again using whatever browser you'd normally use? Let me know if you're still having trouble searching for a customer and I'll report back to the engineers.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 17 of 23

@Helen Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. I can confirm the problem is fixed for me! I am using Chrome version 66.0.3359.181

Thanks so much! 😄

Message 18 of 23
Admin

Thanks for following up! And for your help flagging this, really appreciate it! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 19 of 23
Admin

Thank you @pessosices

Just to let everyone know our team has already started working to fix this. I'll post again as soon as I have another update.

I hope you're all having a great Memorial Day weekend! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 23

I have this problem as well. Very often, I will start typing in customer info and "semi matching" results will start to automatically pop up in an attempt to guess the customer I'm looking for, and very often the customer is indeed one of these results.

But then the results almost instantly vanish. Typing even more of the customer info doesn't bring it back. But if I actually hit enter or the search button then it usually comes up as a search result.

Very odd. It's like the auto-complete function is working on an entirely different search mechanism than the actual active search function. But even then, I don't know why it suddenly can't find the customer when I type in even more precise info.

Message 21 of 23