x

Anyone else annoyed that the change due back to the customer only stays on the screen for a moment?

Just since the last update this sucks for our cashiers...

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Dukedog The amount of change due should stay until your cashier taps New Sale. If the screen is disappearing please go through each of these troubleshooting steps for the Point of Sale app

Thanks for your feedback @DaoDeJing too, I'll share each point with the relevant teams.

If you think there might be a glitch with the receipt screen can you keep an eye out and make a note of the date/time/customer that it affected? Then call our CS team who can take a closer look and open a ticket with our engineers if needed.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Yes. It’s also in an odd position.

If I’m looking for the result of a mathematical calculation, I naturally look at the same level or below the input values. Not above.

It’s also annoying that a customer can cancel a transaction without the cashier seeing. Passcode protecting that function should be obvious.

Its also annoying how often the receipt screen is automatically bypassed. Not sure if a glitch, or the customer touching the screen twice rapidly. If the latter, building in a second delay in screen touch activation after entering a signature would help a lot.

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

@Dukedog The amount of change due should stay until your cashier taps New Sale. If the screen is disappearing please go through each of these troubleshooting steps for the Point of Sale app

Thanks for your feedback @DaoDeJing too, I'll share each point with the relevant teams.

If you think there might be a glitch with the receipt screen can you keep an eye out and make a note of the date/time/customer that it affected? Then call our CS team who can take a closer look and open a ticket with our engineers if needed.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 7

Helen your suggested fix worked!!!  I looked at trouble shooting, ended up reinstalling app and now all is right in the world!  You're the greatest!!!

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Delighted to hear that all is right again! You're very welcome! 😀 🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 7

You have to disable "Skip Receipt Screen". Then the print/email receipt screen stays up until you actually press "New Sale" and the change due displays at the top of the receipt screen.

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your input!  Yeah i got it figured out after reinstalling the app...  Just me not playing with it enough!  My bad...

Message 7 of 7