x

How to set up a monthly transaction detail report so that I can see what the sale was for

I need a report that will show every transaction detail at month end - so I can see what each transaction was for, not just a total dollar amount - HELP?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @brwneyes2cu, welcome to the seller community!👋🏻

It sounds like you'll want to download the Transaction CSV. You can view by month by heading over to your online Square Dashboard > Sales > Transactions > select month > Export > Transactions CSV. A report that outlines all of your transaction details for the month will download to your computer. You can then view using Numbers or Excel.

Learn more about what each report contains in our Support Center: Summaries and Reports from the Online Dashboard.

Hope this is what you're looking for!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9

Thank you for your reply, I have gone to transactions in sales but can not find Month, I only see All Day - can you direct me to how to find MONTH?? Thanks

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Sure thing—thanks for pointing this out! I can see how this flow is a bit confusing so I'm including a screenshot with my reply:

After you've selected Transactions, click on the calendar (it will display the most recent month that was selected), then you'll see the "This Month" option on the drop-down menu.

Hope this clears things up. Definitly let me know if this doesn't get you where you need to be. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 9

Is there a way to get the same information as the export transaction report with just a printout and not using the csv download. I am using Samsung Dex and it does not download the reports correct. I just want to print out a report with the same info as the download. It seems odd this is not an option. I looked everywhere. 

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @wtpa

To clarify, you were looking to print directly from the Dashboard and not export the .CSV file first?

Unfortunately only Square Invoices and Custom Reports can be printed directly from your online Square Dashboard.

The other reports aren’t currently optimized for printing, but many sellers take screenshots of the report and print the image itself as a workaround. 

Message 6 of 9

That's rediculous, please fix this problem. Exporting to .csv gives too much information. Please fix so a report can be printed from the dashboard.

Message 7 of 9

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.

I didn’t get my report for November and December. And I want to see the transactions.

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Hello @Merima! Take a peek at @Tom's answer above on this thread where he gives step by step instructions on how to find the report you're looking for. 🙂

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 9