x

Tax feature

I'm trying to enable the sales tax feature....I've created the tax, turned on what's supposed to be turned on, but when I charge something tax isn't included in the total. I even did a fake charge and it wasn't included.........?????

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I'm having the same issue. Sent an email out about 3 hours ago. No reponse yet. I'll post if I find out. 

Message 2 of 8

Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
Square

@photosbymag @photosbymag That's no good! If you have created a tax and added it to all of your items, you shouldn't have any issues applying that to your sales. If you're still having this issue, give our Support Team a shout and they can take a closer look for you. 

If you have any trouble reaching our Support team, check out this thread for some help! 

Message 4 of 8

Any fix to this?  I am having the same issue...I'm new so assuming its user error!

Message 5 of 8
Square

@stessieb3 - Sorry to hear! Have you already made sure that this tax is enabled for the item you are selling through the Square app?  To adjust the items you’d like a specific tax applied to, follow the steps below:

1. Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click an item and check the box next to the tax rate(s) you’d like to apply.

Note: Taxes will automatically apply to sales where a custom amount is entered. To disable taxes for custom amounts visit your tax settings in the Register App.

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 8

still didnt work so set it up as a variable item to add to my orders.

Message 7 of 8
Square

@stessieb3 - Sorry to hear! Feel free to reach out directly so we can take a closer look if you'd like. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 8