x

Is there a way to put an Instagram link on my receipts?

My Instagram is much more active than my Twitter, but it appears you only have the option to use Twitter and Facebook (and your URL). I’m new, so maybe I’m missing something? 
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great news everyone! We just introducted the ability to link your Instagram account to your digital receipts, as well as your Square Marketing emails. Just head to the Receipts tab of your Square Dashboard to add your Instagram username. Check it out and let me know if you run into any issues! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square

@creatorofstuff - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 👏  We're happy to have you.

As for your question, unfortunately you're not missing anything. We don't currently offer the ability to include a link to a sellers Instagram via receipts, but I love the idea! I'll pass along the suggestion to our product liaison team. 

Hope to hear more from you in the future!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 20

Sean, thank you for your reply. I think being able to show your Instagram on receipts an important feature, as Instagram is a huge part of the social media efforts on the part of many hand-crafted businesses, most of whom are likely using Square. (One reason Instagram is so huge for businesses like mine is that it is visual, which is why it is my #1.) 

Ironically, the email I received from you telling me that I had a reply on this forum shows three social media icons at the bottom - Facebook, Twitter and - you guessed it - Instagram! 

Message 3 of 20
Square

@creatorofstuff - I agree. It would definitely be a great feature addition. Alternatively, you could chose to include your Instagram webpage in place of your store page if you find it to be a higher priority, 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 20
Square

Best Answer

Great news everyone! We just introducted the ability to link your Instagram account to your digital receipts, as well as your Square Marketing emails. Just head to the Receipts tab of your Square Dashboard to add your Instagram username. Check it out and let me know if you run into any issues! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 20
Beta Member

It would be great if Square sent montly email newsletters with relevent updates like this to notify active users. We hardly ever log on to the commuinty, but when we do, stuff like this is found...but we shouldn't need to search & mine for this stuff.

Message 6 of 20
Alumni

Hey @VCB - I recommend subscribing to our Town Square: Business Resource Center. This will make sure you get email updates as they become available. 

Message 7 of 20

I am trying to link up my Instagram onto my receipts page but it keeps saying "invalid username" and it's 100% my accurate username. Please help!

Message 8 of 20
Alumni

Hey @kellyhannastudi - Sorry to hear about the issues. I would make sure that you're not adding "@" in front of your username or it will give you that error. You will just need to type your username as is and the system will autofill the "@" symbol for you when your receipt is printed. 

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 9 of 20

I am also having the same issues when people click on my instagram link on their receipt. I made sure the username is correct too (without @)!

Message 10 of 20
Admin

Sorry for the frustration @carmelina. Are you seeing the same 'invalid username' error when you try to update your Instagram handle? If so I recommend checking for (and deleting) and spaces before or after your username. Or is it that your customers are seeing an error when they tap the icon? Can you provide the exact error and also let us know what kind of device and browser they're using to open their receipts? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 20

I know I'm super late but I can't link my Instagram. I literally copy and pasted it and the site keeps saying the username is invalid @Sean

Message 12 of 20
Alumni

Hey @ScarletDeathArt - I would make sure that you are not putting the @ symbol before your username. The receipt will auto-fill that for you so you just need to enter your username itself. Let us know if you continue having issues.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 13 of 20

I'm having the same issue and instagram is my main form for content. I copied and paste from desktop with safari web browser and there is no @ . This option is not available on iPhone app either so really hope to learn how to solve this soon.

Message 14 of 20

How do I format my user name for Square to accept it? I've tried all of these, none work:

https://www.instagram.com/a_dark_force/

www.instagram.com/a_dark_force/

www.instagram.com/a_dark_force

instagram.com/a_dark_force

@a_dark_force

Each time I try Square says it's invalid, but that's my account.

Message 15 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @roccermom! I just took a look at your receipts and Instagram appears to be there. Please let me know if you still need assistance.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 20

Hello👋 @Noemi & @creatorofstuff

Welcome to the Seller Community. Good news! You're able to add your Instagram to your receipt. Head over to the Receipts tab of your Square Dashboard to customize your receipts. Square gives you the ability to add your Facebook Link, Instagram username, Twitter username and website link. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 17 of 20

It's still not working 😞  I copied and pasted again then I get an invalid message. I tried both these links:

www.instagram.com/nluvhair/

https://www.instagram.com/nluvhair/?igshid=uuhdqqs0pvvv

Do you see anything wrong with these links?

Message 18 of 20

Sorry for the confusion@Noemi. You can't add your Instagram link, you can only add your Instagram username. For example, your username from the Instagram link you sent me is; nluvhair. When your customer go to add you, they will enter that username in their Instagram to follow your business. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 19 of 20

This isn't working for me either. I typed it every way possible. No @ with it. Just username. no spaces. Nothing is working. 

Message 20 of 20