x

Discounts won't work?

Hi so I'm having a few problems with the Square app. To begin with I have a Samsung s8 and for some reason there are no buttons that allow be to add a discount to an entire transactions. Additionally, I made the wrong discount so I tried to change it but the wrong one keep showing up. And finally it went allow me to add multiple discounts on a single item. Even If I keep creating discounts there is only one that shows up and that is the wrong one. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Apparel95, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing with Discounts. Have you had a chance to check out our Support Center Article Apply Discounts?

You can apply a discount to an entire sale whether it's a percentage discount or a dollar amount discount. Also you can only apply a discount once during a sale. 

If you tap on current sale on your screen you'll see the option to remove the discount without having to clear the entire sale. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out to me! 

Message 2 of 6

I have read the article and I have two discounts tha I use but non of them show up. And I dont have a button to add the discount onto the whole transaction either?

Message 3 of 6

@Apparel95 have you tried searching for the discounts under the items tab?

Also you can search for them when you're on the check out tab. Just tap the list icon in the bottom right of your screen, it will bring up all of your items. You can use the search bar to type in the name of your discount to pull it up. 

Quick question, are your discounts variable or an exact dollar/percentage amount? If they're variable or dollar the discount will always apply to the entire sale. Currently, only percentage discounts are available at the item level. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 4 of 6

The problem is that there isn't even a list button on the page. And I have both kinds of discounts but none of them show up. Even if I click individual items. 

Message 5 of 6

That's super weird. Is there a chance you could provide a screen shot so I can take a look at it with you @Apparel95

I'd love to get to the bottom of this together. 😊

Message 6 of 6