x

Square Loyalty... Where's the Video Tutorials to this Non-User-Friendly Interface?

I was looking for one or more video tutorials on how to set up the Loyalty program.

Lacking any direction, I have no idea what possible scenarios and limitation there might be. If Square thinks it's so easy for the customer to set it up, then it should be 10x easier for Square to produce a how-to video showing how to set up a sample account. 

This is a no-brainer, in my opinion, to help empower more people to get more vendors engaged and getting the most use out of Square.  Square is really dropping the ball by not having tutorial videos.  

My business partner and I were so excited to get this loyalty program started, but now, not happy at all with the apparent lack of any video tutorials, instruction guide, etc. If these have been provided and I'm overlooking them, then still shame on Square for making these resources so difficult to find.

Yes... I saw and read these articles which do nothing more than mimic the on-screen prompts...

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3952
https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5744

The explanations on how it's "supposed" to work, don't seem to be matching the limited info I encounter from the on-screen prompts when trying to set up the program.

A video demonstrating this stuff, with a sample account with different reward scenarios, could REALLY make this 100x less confusing, and effective. Very disappointing.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hey @ts1 - we actually have some videos posted on our YouTube channel. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but you may want to check out this video on getting started with Square Loyalty: 

That being said, I also hear you loud and clear - we could use some more video tutorials in our getting started guides. I saw that you already took a look at the Getting Started with Square Loyalty guide, and I'll make sure to relay your feedback to our Support Content team that it wasn't quite what you were looking for. 

Which step of the setup is causing trouble for you? If you let us know, other sellers here in the community can likely help out!

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Hi @ts1, this is Andrés from the Support Content team.

First, thanks for your feedback. This is exactly what I need to hear from sellers in order to make our content more informative.

I'm currently gathering and analyzing other feedback we've received from sellers like you, so if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to make sure I address them in the next version of the content. In the meantime, I've added the video @Kpay mentioned to the article while I work on redoing our Square Loyalty content.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3