x

Square payment error: "Account is not enabled for card processing. visit www.squareup.com/activate"

I am using square payment on my online store.
Square payment error: "Account is not enabled for card processing. visit www.squareup.com/activate"
My account is already enabled and it is showing activated on this path : 'https://squareup.com/dashboard/account'
Can you help me out to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
By the way I am using woo commerce on my store.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @npanchal,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At the moment Square payments are available in the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and the UK only.

If you're in another country you can continue to use Square's free POS app to track your sales - though note you won't be able to process credit card transactions.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi, I have tested with USA credit card and also tested from one more account from USA. But, it is showing same error. Is there any configuration issue? Any help will be great.

Message 3 of 5

I'm getting this same error when trying to deactivate my account.  I didn't set up a card for processing so I'm very confused. I need help deactivating my account and it's nearly impossible to get someone to help me. I've sent two emails and no response. Can someone please tell me what my options are? How can I get this resolved and cancel my account? This customer service is not good. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @nrowland if you never fully activated your account to accept credit card processing, then you will not be able to deactivate your account as there is no credit card processing to deactivate. You can leave your account as is. If you don't want that email tied to your account, you can change the email to one you don't use as frequently. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5