x

Print customer name on receipt

Print customer name on receipt

This has been requested by Square users since at least 2017 yet it seems the feature has still not been rolled out.

It is imperative that customer names print on the receipt, not just the last four digits of the credit card number.

We manually enter card information from our donors and then shred the paperwork for privacy protection. There is no way to retrieve this data if human error misses the step of hand-writing the donor's name on the printed receipt.

If the name was already on the receipt, we also wouldn't have to print a copy.

51 Comments
Beta Member

I would love to see when you “add customer” to order under the drop down menu, it would print that customers name on receipt. 

I do not see the customers name on the transaction tab either. I’m using my cell phone does that matter? 

Hello @Hillside, are you manually entering any of your transactions? If you manually key in a transaction it won't have the customers name on the Transaction Report. 

Beta Member

What do you mean by manually entering transaction. I am confused by that part.

Our customers have already been added to the directory

I am wanting this feature for charge orders. We use the system a different way currently for charge orders, since invoices will not print a "Print Bill" ticket on the kitchen paper stuff. 

We currently push other payment method, hit other and type charge to (Jane Smith). This is the only way we can get the customer name on the receipt. I want when you add customer to ticket under the drop down menu-- it would put their name on it. 

Admin

Hi @Hillside, Helen here stepping in for Chad.

Manually entering a transaction means you type in your customer's card information (long card number, expiry date, CVV) to the app to complete the payment, without using a reader.

It sounds like you're adding a note to payments so that your customer's name will appear. I'll share your request for a way to include the customer's name in the receipt from the dropdown menu. Thank you! 

I would like names on receipts too . I am in medical field and a patient just called and said the receipt wasn't sufficient for her insurance company to reimburse payment since there wasn't a name on it .

Hello @jmsodpc! Thanks for letting us know! We're still tracking this feature request. Quick question though, since you're a medical office do you provide your customer with digital receipts or printed receipts? 

I have a USB printerand print them .

You might be interested in our Order Tickets feature @jmsodpc!

This allows you to enter a customers name onto a ticket during check out. You can enable this on your Point of Sale app if you head to settings. From here select your printer and enable order tickets. The only issue you might encounter is going through receipt printer paper faster than usual. if you print the order ticket and receipt it will be two pieces rather than one, but it's worth a try! 

Please let me know what you think. 😊

My organisation is a charity, and our donors always request to have their details shown on the receipt, both for tax purposes and evidence of their donation.

It is holding us back from completely moving away from our manual paper written receipts to working completely through Square

How do I print a receipt with my customer's name and address and the item