x

Accept swiped card payments offline is unavailable

accept swiped card payments offline is unavailable - anyone know why and when it will function?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Are you still having this issue @seller-brooklyn? I looked at our status page, and we didn't have any reported issues with Offline Mode. If you're still having trouble, let me know, and I'll work with our team to investigate. Thank you!

PS) In case others are interested, here are a few helpful tips for offline mode.

Message 2 of 7

I have also had issues with Offline Mode.  It occasionally says, "Offline Mode Unavailable."  I have tried turning my phone off and restarting it, but that doesn't help either.  Location is turned on.  Offline Mode is turned on.  It's so frustrating losing sales (and some big ones!) because some people are uncomfortable letting me write their credit card info down to enter later.  Not to mention, it's irritating to pay the higher fee due to a problem with the app!  Can someone please help?

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@GamGlam Sorry to hear about the trouble. 

That error message usually occurs when the device you're using had not been refreshed (with an Internet connection) in the previous 3-5 days.

Try toggling on/off your data connection or wifi connection.

Message 4 of 7

My problem is when I'm in an area with no wifi, so I don't know how I could do that.

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@GamGlam sorry for the confusion. 

The refresh of your device key would need to occur prior to using Offline Mode for your payments. 

Toggle your data connection when you're in an area with wifi or data before going to the area where you'll be accepting payments via Offline Mode. 

Message 6 of 7

I will try this.  Thank you.

Message 7 of 7