x

Search Transactions

How can I search for transactions by the last four of a credit card?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

We have customers that print the receipt email (not the actual detail receipt).  The transation ID is NOT on that email, only the last 4 digits of the card used.  So, in the case of a customer returning an item and not having the card on hand, then, scrolling through activity, or researching a customer NOT on file....makes refunds a LONG process.  Need to 1) include the transaction ID on the email (thats what customers print) 2) be able to search in the APP by last 4 digits.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hi @RetailOne — thanks for flagging this.

I can certainly see how being able to search for payments in the app by the last four digits of the card would help with efficiency.

Regarding emailed receipts and transaction IDs — on the customer's emailed receipt, there should be a four digit code that you can use to search for the payment in the app's Activity. It usually includes both numbers and letters following a hashtag (#), and is below the payment timestamp at the bottom of the receipt. Does that help clear things up?

Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our Product Liaison team, who is constantly making improvements to the app based on seller feedback.

We'll circle back to this thread with any other developments that my be useful. Thank you for your patience and please let us know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 3