x

Tracking Appointment Cancellations in Square Appointments

Beta Member

Tracking Appointment Cancellations in Square Appointments

Is there a way to track and view cancellations for a specific time period (day, month, etc) in Square Appointments. When clients cancel the appointment is removed and shows up as a cancellation in their profile, but how can I view cancellations as a separate report?

1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Tracking Appointment Cancellations in Square Appointments

Hi @docdrew, thanks for bringing this up and welcome to the Seller Community!

I went to check on this and we don't have a report that surfaces all of the information you've requested in one pace.

So that I can share some more details with our Appointments Team, can you reply with some more details on why this is important for your business? I can imagine a few scenarios where this visibility would come in handy, but I want to be sure we've got our insights on target. 🎯

Please do keep in touch and let us know if any other questions come up—we are constantly iterating based on seller feedback.

27 Comments

In Appointments, other than manually entering it in the notes section, it would be helpful if there was a way to indicate that a customer has previously cancelled. 

When a customer has an appointment and they cancel it, their name is kept in the directory but there is no way to see that they at one point were scheduled for an appointment OR, when you look back at the previous week (for example), see how many appointments were cancelled.

Is this something that can be added?

Admin

@aegginton Great question!

From the Clients tab of your Appointments Dashboard you can see a list of previous appointments with that client. If the customer cancels you'll see "Canceled", and if you marked the Appointment as a "No Show" you'll see that instead. The icons pictured below will appear next to each Appointment:

There isn't a way to download this information as a report or to see only canceled appointments on your calendar but I'll share your interest in that with the Appointments team. Thank you! 

Does anyone know if Square offers a list of "No Shows"? This would be great to have an integrated system for referencing the "no show" culprits as they return or eeschedule. I am currently using an Excel spreadsheet to manually input these clients as such. I notice that after an appintment has been deemed a "no show", an orange tab will open up on this persons appointment history, but i can't seem to find a page on Square that keeps an easy go to reference sheet of these specific customers.

Any help out there?

NO SHOW.png

Alumni

@Float44, thanks for posting here in the community! 

On your list of clients in each client record, canceled appointments are labeled in gray and no-show appointments are labeled in red. Right now that's where the info is most readily available, but I can see how being able to export a sheet with these specific customers would be helpful. I'll make sure to let the appointments team know that this would be helpful. Thanks again for your post! 

Thank you. Yes, it would be really helpful to be able to see on the calender or somehow be able to easily track number of appointments cancelled. I'm reviewing my appointments from last year and would like to be able to determine how many appointments or what percentage of clients cancelled or no showed. It seems like if cancelled appointments were kept on the calender but greyed out, it would help with some of this! I don't like the way when you cancel an appointment it just completely disappears. Thanks!

Admin

@aegginton Thanks for that useful feedback! If it's possible to create a report for canceled appointments or a way to view them in the calendar we'll update this thread to let you know. Thanks again for your posts! 

Is there anyway to track the No-Shows. I saw there was a thread last year November about this, just wondering if this issue has been solved. Its tough to check every single profile to get an accurate count. most softwares have this feature.... Square please catch up! Ideal goal is to see how many dont show for their appointments monthly to determine when is a good time to add no-show protection... We need data!!!

Admin

Hi @docdrew, thanks for bringing this up and welcome to the Seller Community!

I went to check on this and we don't have a report that surfaces all of the information you've requested in one pace.

So that I can share some more details with our Appointments Team, can you reply with some more details on why this is important for your business? I can imagine a few scenarios where this visibility would come in handy, but I want to be sure we've got our insights on target. 🎯

Please do keep in touch and let us know if any other questions come up—we are constantly iterating based on seller feedback.

Beta Member

I moved my scheduler over to Square Appointments to better integrate my office, since I also utilize Point of Sale, Dashboard app, and Payroll. What I appreciate about the rest of Square services is the ability to custom search and observe information for specific time periods, times of day, etc. This is helpful for small business to see where revenue peaks are, and what each quarter looks like, so we can better plan and market accordingly. I own a soft tissue and sports injury healthcare office, and Appointments seems to be more geared toward other service-based businesses like hair salons, etc.

Generating cancellation and no show reports would be helpful in Appointments because we could then determine 1) Patterns related to time of year, 2) Bad habits that clients have that could be addressed head on, and 3) Our strength of communication with our clients and how we need to re-position our goals as a company. It also gives us insight into times of year that people heavily seek our services versus times of year where they may be traveling or not available. These custom reports are customary in electronic health records for medical practices, and I would love it if Square Appointments had these options too. 

Admin

Got it. Thank you for taking the time to lay this out—super helpful! I don't have access to a specific timeline for reporting enhancements, but I'll make sure our Appointments Team is aware of the three points that you brought up. Appreciate your patience, and please don't hesitate to check in with any other questions.