x

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

Beta Member

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

I'm a hairstylist and regularly 'power' or 'double' book my clients during haircolor services to maximize my schedule and earnings.  For example, I schedule my highlight & haircut service at 3 hours:  this gives me an hour to highlight, one hour for the client to process, and the last hour for the cut and blowdry.  During that hour of processing time, I schedule another client for a color and/or cut service.  Is this something that can be done with Square Appointments?  So far, it looks like if a client books me for a highlight & cut at noon, I'd be unavailible for any other bookings until 3pm...  I need to show availibity for a 1pm appt.

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Double Booking Appointments

Hi there @jjohnstone 👋

We introduced the processing time feature last year, which enables your clients to book appointments during your down time.

You can learn more about how this works here, but be sure to let me know if this isn't what you were looking for!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: How do I book clients in between processing time?

Kinda tricky.

The service duration + the block time for the service has to be less than the processing time. It gets complicated if both services have processing time. It has to puzzle together perfectly in order to work. 

It could also be be the calendar settings for when times can be booked. Typically we suggest setting the processing time to  According to service duration within Appts Dashboard > Settings > Calendar & Booing > Appointments are scheduled. 

@Hannahchristine

162 Comments

i love square and don;t like other apps nearly as well. i need the double booking feature, and i am super sad if i need to switch. why can't this feature be added??

hi

I want to give options for my clients to schedule muttiple appointments for same slot. We have multiple stations and be able to accept 2-3 customers at same time

didnt see that option

thanks

Admin

@RapidWT I've moved your post to this Appointments feature reqest thread so you can read @EJ's verified answer.

We'll keep you informed of any updates here! 

I see I am not the only one who needs the ability to have my processing time show as available for myself and my clients. So my question is can somebody give us more information other than they will take it back to insights or developers and check back for updates. Are you currently working on this now? If not is there estimated time it might start development? If not why not? Do you need more requests for this feature first? The more I know the easier it is to be patient. So far I am super impressed with everything about Square, except this. I am double booked all day every day and most of clients book a year in advance. Push harder for this in those meetings please this feature is crucial to most of the stylist I know.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @1manshow

I'm not sure that I understand what feature you're interested in seeing rolled out in the future. Can you provide more details on what it is that you're wanting to see?

When you mention "Processing Times", are you referring when you're already booked?

While I can't go into details around road maps timelines, I might be able to provide some helpful information and perhaps a few workarounds if available. 

You are correct. I am currently using schedulicty.com and on there when I initially set up my services it allowed me to choose how much time I needed to apply the chemical (let's say 30min) then pick how much processing time I needed (30 min again) and then pick how much finish time I needed for the service ( 30 min). Wgen that gets booked on the calendar the middle 30min (processing time) show as available on the calendar so that a client or myself is able to book another service during the processing time. 

In yours the time does not show as available unless you book two appointments for one client for one visit. This also only works if I do all the scheduling on my end. Clients will never understand that they need to book two appointments to equal one. 

Your will work if they overlap but that means I am doing all the scheduling again. If I use the finish time that yours allows for then it still does not show as available time and I am still doing the scheduling myself instead of allowing clients to book online. 

I hope all of that makes sense. If not message back with questions. 

Thank you

Square Community Moderator

That definitely makes sense @1manshow and it's one of our most popular feature requests for Square Appointments. 

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, and once we get an update from our Appointments team, we'll update the status of the thread itself. 

Unfortunately there hasn't been any movement around this, and we recommend folks to use our partner integrations such as Schedulicity for these specific business needs. 

Keep an eye on this thread and hopefully we can get something implemented to help with this in the future product updates. 

Did u find or fern an answer? 

I want this feature too. 

I'm slightly **bleep**ed it's taking you 3 yrs to get an android app and you STILL from 2016 do not have the ability to double book. Wtf?  You would get a million my stylists to use you if you made that ONE VERY IMPORTANT CHANGE.  Seriously get it together, I'd leave my present online system in a heartbeat.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Please add processing time and the ability to ban certain clients from booking online!

I have two feature requests:

1) PROCESSING TIME! Us beauty industry professionals NEED the option to add processing time to services. Unfortunately due to this inability, I am currently looking to switch away from Square Appointments in order to accommodate my needs.

2) Ban certain clients from booking online.