x

How do I export filtered csv file. I only want low or zero inventory items?

On the Item Library screen, when I filter for "low stock alert" and then click export that csv contains my entire inventory vs just the low stock items. Is there a way to just get the low or zero stock items exported?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 26
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How do I export filtered csv file. I only want low or zero inventory items?

Hey @FFXSTN, thanks for surfacing. At this time, the ability to filter inventory CSV files before exporting them isn't available. For now, you will have to sort your files using a program like Excel or Numbers.

I can certainly see how having the option to filter directly in your Online Dashboard would help streamline your workflow — rest assured that I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team.

Appreciate your patience as we're always working to improve based on seller feedback! 🙂

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FFXSTN, thanks for surfacing. At this time, the ability to filter inventory CSV files before exporting them isn't available. For now, you will have to sort your files using a program like Excel or Numbers.

I can certainly see how having the option to filter directly in your Online Dashboard would help streamline your workflow — rest assured that I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team.

Appreciate your patience as we're always working to improve based on seller feedback! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Best Answer

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 26

Thanks for considering adding this feature!

Message 3 of 26

This would be an extremely helpful feature. It would cut hours out of my ordering process. If I could download this filtered daata it would take me 5 minutes to build an order. Please make this possible soon!!!!

Message 4 of 26
Admin

Thank you for taking the time to share how this would be helpful, @ryan1. While we still do not have any updates, I will be sure to pass along your feedback as well. Please keep in touch.🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 5 of 26

Tom,

Has there been an update on this request (to be able to filter/sort low inventory items and export them to print)?  This would be an extremely useful tool to manage purchase orders.  Currently, I just print my "low stock alert" from the day before, however, that doesn't give me accurate info as it does not include the items that sold today!  Please advise asap.  Thank you!

Message 6 of 26
Admin

Hey @goodfurme, thanks for checking in here. I wasn't able to find an update that we can share out for this request, but you might find a suitable solution with one of our inventory partners for the time being: App Marketplace > Items & Inventory.

I'd also like to share some more information with our Retail Team regarding how this would fit into the purchase order workflow. Is there any point in the current process that's caused an issue with inventory and purchase orders? I realize that this question may sound a bit obvious, but I want to be sure I'm on the same page. Thanks again for your time.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 7 of 26

Tom,

Thank you for your email.  While integrating this function into the purchase order workflow would be nice, for now I am just wanting to be able to "print" the low/no stock inventory items.  Just that simple option of being able to print to paper would be so very helpful while I am preparing to place my next purchase order.  Right now, when you export the low inventory products... the entire inventory list populates. I hope this makes sense, and I believe this is precisely what other Square users have asked for in the past.  I would think it would be a rather simple update?

Message 8 of 26
Admin

Got it. Thank you again for your patience and taking the time to lay this out. I will surface your post with our Retail Team, word for word. For now, working out of the exported file is my best suggestion. I will circle back with any other updates as I learn more.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 9 of 26

Hi Tom,

Any updates on this feature?  Especially on the retail platform, for stores with a lot of SKUs this is an essential feature.

Message 10 of 26
Admin

Thanks for checking in here, @dbs. I went to check for any updates on this request related to Point of Sale and Square for Retail, but there are not any new developments that I can access and share out. Really sorry for the additional work this may cause. I will, of course, highlight your point about needing to export a filtered file for working with SKUs.

For the latest on what's available with Square for Retail, keep an eye on this article: Square for Retail Reporting.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 11 of 26

We agree being able to export a filtered items report would be extremely helpful and hope it is something we can do in the very near future.

Message 12 of 26

My gosh this is the year 2020.  Has this been fixed yet???  Seriously we need the ability to print or simply export ONLY the low stock or zero stock alert list.  However is building this inventory part of the software has obviously never had to take care of inventory.  PLEASE fix this!

Message 13 of 26
Alumni

@mobilebikepro

Your frustrations have definitely been heard and we are continuing to make improvements. I will go ahead and resurface this to our product teams, but as of this moment, we do not have any other workarounds we can offer. 

Please continue to keep an eye on our Seller Community and your inbox for any new features.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 14 of 26
Beta Member

@Tom Chiming in with a request that this be an option put into the pipeline. Being able to filter by any field--stock, vendor, etc--and then export/print ONLY that information would be stellar!

Message 15 of 26
Admin

Hey @FGFgifts — welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for pointing this out. So that I can surface a bit more context with our product folks, can you let me know how this change would improve your workflow (e.g. how much time it might save or if the lack of filtering is causing any confusion with your team). Appreciate your patience as we work to improve. 🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Message 16 of 26
Beta Member

Certainly @Tom . In our case, we'd find it most useful when filtering by vendor, but any filtering is going to be helpful at some point. We used reports of that nature with our last system to help with ordering. Recently, as we've started selling online more earnestly and need to keep our in-store counts super accurate, we've been having our staff count particular categories of inventory on a rotating basis to confirm that things are correct. It would be very helpful for me to be able to quickly pull that information for them, and even better if it was user-friendly enough to let them do it. Doing a search for "Vendor X" (or "Product X" or any other identifier) and then being able to tell it to print/export just those search results on the screen would be ideal.

Message 17 of 26
Admin

Thanks for your reply with those details—yep, that makes sense. I'll bring this up with the appropriate team members and point out that filtering is increasingly important for your business as you've started selling online more. I don't have access to a specific timeline, though we'll surface any improvements in this thread as they come through. Thanks again for your patience and keep us in the loop with how it's going.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 18 of 26

@Tom 

I'd like to chime in here push this feature request up as well. I'm looking into exporting Inventory Management>History for any applicable filters, including Adjustment Type which is useful for managing inventory.

Message 19 of 26

@Tom 

Any updates on this? The data viewable for item movement in the history section  becomes useless when you can't export the data. Even when viewing the data on the dashboard, it's difficult to view when you have many SKUs and frequent movement.

Message 20 of 26
Alumni

We don't have an update to share at the moment, but will be sure to update this thread if anything changes, @TiffanyNR. We appreciate you taking the time to explain why you're looking for this ability - examples are always helpful to the Product Teams that keep eyes here.

It's been a while since someone commented in this thread, so I'll be sure to resurface this to our Product Team. Our best advice, in the meantime, is to edit the exported file using a program like Excel.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 26