x

Clicking link to online Square store -> page not found

Hi, I'm unable to see my new store. I get a page not found error.

Here is the link square gave: I have created an online squire store but when I follow the link to view the store it says: Page not found. 

Link: https://squareup.com/store/cub-scout-pack-618

Any ideas on why it doesn't work?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Hey @Sdpluth - Sorry to hear about the trouble! Have you double-checked to make sure that this is the correct URL? You can check by signing into your Square Dashboard > select Online Store > choose the Individual Location Dashboard > Settings. From there, you'll see the Store URL in the top left.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 12

Hi Sdpluth,

Has your store not found been resolved?  On Tuesday (8/14) i also created an online store that is not found!

Message 3 of 12

Eventually yes. When I created the page it gave me one URL for the store. And that URL never worked. However, the next day I logged back in with a different computer and it was suddenly giving me a different URL. The new URL worked fine. When I mannually tried the original URL it said that URL was already taken. So somehow there was a glitch where it gave me the wrong URL but clearing the cache or logging in to a different computer seemed to reset it and it gave me the correct URL.

Either that or when you first create the page it gives you one URL but glitches and thinks that URL is already taken so it re-assigns a new URL when you sign in again.

Message 4 of 12

So i cleared all cookies and histories logged back in - still not found.

I have logged in on another computer -still not found.

Cleared the cookies and logged in again - still not found.

I created a new locationand new store new link - also a not found.

It says the phone support not available for my account!  This is very frustrating!

Message 5 of 12

Agreed. It was frustrating. I couldn't get support either. It didn't straighten out for me for a day or two.

Then when I logged in it was showing a new url and it was working. Shortly after that, I finally got a message from support asking if my problem was fixed.

So maybe they did something on the back end but it seemed like they were just playing catch up and by that time the issue was fixed.

Either way. It was not great support.

Message 6 of 12
Admin

@bpol I went ahead and asked our CS team to email you about this, as it sounds like you need to take another few steps to set up your account and activate your Online Store. They'll be in touch as soon as they can!

@Sdpluth I'm really sorry that you experienced this issue as well but I'm glad to hear URL is working again. If this happens again please do call or email our CS team so they can investigate. Or if you can't call, you can also post here to let us know and I can start a case for you with that team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 12

Me too. I just created a store. I can't preview it or view it once it's Visible and Accepting Orders. Does Square have to do something on their end? Does it take 24 hours before it can go live?

Message 8 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MintTea

Once you create and launch your Square Online Store, you should be able to navigate to and view your page immediately. 

Have you tried clearing the cache on your web browser? 

Does your URL appear and populate for you? 

Message 9 of 12

Sadly, clearing cache, trying other computers and browsers, nothing has worked. I supopse I should call for support?

Message 10 of 12
Square Community Moderator

That would probably be the best action to take so they can look at this in more detail and walk through things with you @MintTea

Let us know how it goes! 

Message 11 of 12

Resolved. Somehow the account got locked, but not showing any of the usual signs I see in other web sites. The club treasurer created the account so he got it straightened out with Support. I don't think it helped that he added the wrong email address for me as some kind of "associate" (a poorly documented concept). 

As a side-effect the store previews just fine now and we're taking payments. Thank you.

Message 12 of 12