x

Why aren't my cash transactions earning loyalty stars?

We rolled out the new loyalty program today.  It appears to automatically award stars at the end of the transaction and give the option for the customer to receive based on entering phone number.  However, this only occurs for credit card transactions.  We need to manually enter data and add stars for cash transactions.  Can you help?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

That definitely shouldn't be the case! Our new rewards program allows points for all tender types! Mostly likely, there could be one of two things going on:

1. The enrollment screen didn't appear because the minimum purchase amount was not reached.

or 

2. The "New Sale" button was pressed and no preference for receipt was entered. The "New Sale" button forgoes the rewards screen. 

Would you mind verifying that it's not one of these two? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Square

Best Answer

That definitely shouldn't be the case! Our new rewards program allows points for all tender types! Mostly likely, there could be one of two things going on:

1. The enrollment screen didn't appear because the minimum purchase amount was not reached.

or 

2. The "New Sale" button was pressed and no preference for receipt was entered. The "New Sale" button forgoes the rewards screen. 

Would you mind verifying that it's not one of these two? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 40

Hello,

I'm having this same issue.  Credit works, but for cash even after entering phone number at receipt page, the stars page doesn't pop-up.  We're running off the latest Square app version off of Square Register.  

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 40
Square

@uncleclays You'll want to make sure that you have upgraded your account to the new version of loyalty. You can upgrade your account right from your Square Dashboard.

Message 4 of 40

Hi Kelly,

Yes, we just upgraded and setup with new loyalty program yesterday.  The problem now appears to be sporadic, with some cash transactions but not all.  We setup our minimum to earn a star as $1 with multiple stars per transaction, 100 stars to earn a reward.  So every transaction is at least hitting the minimum to earn stars.    Is it just a glitch?

Message 5 of 40
Admin

Hey @uncleclays, sorry to hear that you're still encountering trouble with this. It sounds strange that the rewards page isn't showing up sporadically. Can you contact our Support Team with a few example payments where this occurred? We'll have a closer look as soon as possible.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 40

I am having the same issue since updating to the new loyalty program. The screen simply doesn't appear at all, sometimes appears, and other times flashes for a split second and goes away. I have emailed tech support and spoken to them on the phone without any resolve so I was on here trying to find any information and saw this post. I have one customer I knew by name and was able to add her star but others I don't know that didn't get their stars. Also, one was not previously in the reward program so there was no way for me to sign her up and issue a star. I created a new customer profile and there was no option to edit and give her one.

Message 7 of 40

A Z

Message 8 of 40

I started the Loyalty Program but it is not offering/popping up for our cash customers???

Message 9 of 40

Having the same issue. Loyalty screen never appears during cash transactions. Sounds broken. 

Message 10 of 40
Square

@StyleRev That's no good! Please let our Support Team know that you are having trouble and they can help! 

Message 11 of 40

Our register is not showing loyalty options at all now.

Message 12 of 40
Square Community Moderator

@spunpuffs That sounds a bit strange. Was it not showing in your Register App or was it no longer present in your Square Dashboard? We might need you to write or call in so our Support Team can take a look. 

Message 13 of 40

I am having the same issue.  Loyalty just stopped showing up half-way through our day today.  I had to manually write down customer's phone numbers so I could go back and add their points later.  This is time consuming and they want their points!  I left my number on the help desk and sent an email - no help yet on how to fix this.  Does not show up on my iphone or my ipad.

Message 14 of 40

We are having the same exact problem. The rewards part has only shown up today about 4 times out of 100+ transactions. We have the customer added with their phone number in as the payee, and it doesn't give us any oppurtunity to add the star. We have to manually go in after each transaction and add the star. We are LOSING money doing this because we have a $5 set to recieve a star. We get different amounts between $1 and $20 from our customers. So since it is NOT tracking how much they are spending, I have to give them a star even at $1. This is bullcrap. We should not have to manually add stars for ANY amount. It SHOULD be automatically added and computed depending on how much they spend between now and next time they come in.

This is litterally one of the worse rewards systems I've ever used. Trying to keep it in one package with the Square register and stand, but with other small anoyances and nuisances with Square, I'm really tempted to go with ShopKeep.

Message 15 of 40
Admin

HI @nwcoffee, thanks for reaching out and I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with this.

We'd like to have a closer look at a few of your payments where you noticed this issue come up. When you have the chance, can you send us an example of a payment that should have triggered the loyalty star? Once our Support Team is able to look into specifics, they'll make sure this gets sorted out ASAP. Thank you for your help with this!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 16 of 40

How do I do that?

Message 17 of 40
Admin

@nwcoffee, you can send it in via this secure form: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact. Thanks again! 

️ Tom | he/him
Message 18 of 40

Thanks Tom, I don't see anywhere I can attach a video. Just plain text for support. Do you have somewhere I can attach 2 videos I just took?

Message 19 of 40
Admin

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for taking the time to catch this on video! There isn't a way to attach videos using that contact form at this time.

I'll go ahead and reach out to the email address associated with your Square account in a few minutes. You should be able to attach the videos with your reply and we'll then be able to get this escalated to the appropriate team.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 20 of 40

Please let me know if you get them. There are 3 of them!

Message 21 of 40