x

Can I use my Wix site with Square?

Hey, I have an account with you guys and I would like to use you all to accept credit card payments on my website provided by . Is this currently an option?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 61
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@dclay11 @Acollinsmassage @savagedesigns - Great news everyone, we just announced our partnership with Wix today! You can now integrate your Square account directly with a new, or existing Wix webpage. For more details on setting up Square as a payment gateway for your store, just visit this page on Wix's Help Center. 

As always, please keep your posts coming. Customer feedback is one of the most important things we get from our sellers. It helps us make better informed decisions, as well as guide us towards which partnerships would bring the most value to y'all. 

Hope you enjoy, and please post any follow up questions/comments. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Does square and wix web sites work well together?

Message 2 of 61

We got the LGv480 Package with tablet, printer & register. Do we need an OTG cable or is everything included in the package we ordered?

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 61
Square

All of these kits use one of Star Micronic's ethernet receipt printers. This means that as opposed to plugging directly into the tablet, the printer connects to a wireless router. The LG tablet will talk to the printer wirelessly, so you won't need the OTG cable. 👍

PS - If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 61

Thank you for your response.  I'll forward the information to our IT Department.  

Message 5 of 61

I am planning to sell Downloadable items like pdf on my wix site. I couldn't match my square account to my wix store. I need information for this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Burak

Message 6 of 61
Alumni

Hi @burakflute, welcome to the community!

A few other sellers have asked about linking their Wix site to their Square account. This thread should answer your questions. 🙂

Message 7 of 61

So, nearly 2 1/2 yrs since this thread started ... any progress on the inventory syncing between Square and Wix?

Message 8 of 61

Yah, they did Jack, and Crap. those 2 things are about it.

Message 9 of 61
Square Community Moderator

We don't currently have an integration with Wix directly, but it's definitely a popular feature request. We'll be sure to let you know if anything changes in the future! 

Message 10 of 61

Just to clarify.  Payments get processed through our Wix Store, BUT our Wix inventory cannot be accessed through the Square point of Sale app.  So, currently, there is no method of integration that allows us to view our actual Wix inventory when using the card reader from our mobile or tablet.  Is this correct?

Message 11 of 61
Square Community Moderator

@wyrdbydesign The Wix integration allows you to manage inventory from your Wix Store Manager. I don't believe you can access your Wix Inventory from the Point of Sale app directly, but Wix Support might have a workaround for this. 

Message 12 of 61
Square

Best Answer

@dclay11 @Acollinsmassage @savagedesigns - Great news everyone, we just announced our partnership with Wix today! You can now integrate your Square account directly with a new, or existing Wix webpage. For more details on setting up Square as a payment gateway for your store, just visit this page on Wix's Help Center. 

As always, please keep your posts coming. Customer feedback is one of the most important things we get from our sellers. It helps us make better informed decisions, as well as guide us towards which partnerships would bring the most value to y'all. 

Hope you enjoy, and please post any follow up questions/comments. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 13 of 61

I have some questions in regards to Wix Integration.

I have begun to set-up my store at Wix, b
ut ... I started setting up a store here at Square ... and at Wix they say I need to wipe the taxes and shipping options here so they will not interfere with my Wix Store settings. How do I do that?  
I can't find a way to clear shipping?
I have set-up my Wix store to deal with sales taxes,  when the trasaction processes through Square, will the taxes automatically be added again here?  

If I use Square for processing Credit cards from my Wix store transactions online, how does that work?  
Would Online transactons be processed as manual card entry at the higher commission rate?  

What about mobile transactions using my tablet/phone to acess my Wix store, can I use the Square devices (swiper or chip-card reader) on my tablet/phone to process a credit card?    If not, do I have to have a separate Square Store to do so?       

Thanks for any help.
Gary C

Message 14 of 61
Admin

Hi @Gary_C, welcome to the Square seller community and thanks for surfacing this!

I found some resources that will hopefully make things more clear:

I have begun to set-up my store at Wix, but ... I started setting up a store here at Square ... and at Wix they say I need to wipe the taxes and shipping options here so they will not interfere with my Wix Store settings. How do I do that? I can't find a way to clear shipping?

I have set-up my Wix store to deal with sales taxes,  when the trasaction processes through Square, will the taxes automatically be added again here?

If I use Square for processing Credit cards from my Wix store transactions online, how does that work?

• For more specifics on how this will work, I'd suggest having a look at this article in the Wix Help Center.

Would Online transactons be processed as manual card entry at the higher commission rate?

• If you have Square set up as a payment gateway with Wix, the transaction fee is 2.9% + $0.30. That's it!

What about mobile transactions using my tablet/phone to acess my Wix store, can I use the Square devices (swiper or chip-card reader) on my tablet/phone to process a credit card?    If not, do I have to have a separate Square Store to do so?

• You won't be able to use Square to accept payments from your Wix store on a mobile device. You can purchase products on a mobile device using the Square Online Store, though keep in mind that the the page is not mobile optimized. I would also suggest double-checking with Wix for best practices on this one.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Please feel free to contact Wix with any other setup questions, or let us know if we can assist with anything else! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 15 of 61

Hi Tom,

Your answers do not fully answer my original questions.

Taxes:  I have removed all items from my Square Store.  I will not be using my Square Store.  When a transaction comes to Square from my Wix Store, will Sales Taxes be added by Square for California clients (since I am in California)?  I do not want my clients taxed twice (once at Wix and again at Square).

Shipping: Since I will not be using my Square Store, how can I clear the Shipping status (Free Shipping or Flat Rate Shipping) I had to originally set-up?  I do not want my clients charged shipping twice (once at Wix and again at Square.

I also would like to say that I have checked all you online resources for answers to these questions, so referring me to them is pointless and wasted my time.

If you don't have the answers, Please refer me to whom to call on the phone (with phone number) for answers.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Gary Christensen

Message 16 of 61
Admin

Hi @Gary_C,

Thank you for your reply, and I apologize for any confusion. Regarding these specific tax and shipping setup questions, you'll need to contact Wix directly. They can be reached by phone at (800) 6000-949, and you'll need to have your Wix support ID number handy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 17 of 61

Hoping for some guidance here.  I am setting up a new web site using WiX for a school and am wanting to create a new online store (school spirit shirts, mugs, hair bows) and link it to our Square account and inventory levels. Can this be done, or does inventory need to be managed via WiX and simply use Square just for payment processing? I'm confused as to which vendor I should be using for managing inventory . . . . Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Message 18 of 61

Does square inventory automatically integrate with a Wix website?  As in, if a customer buys a product in store, will it update the inventory on the wix website as well? (& visa versa)

Message 19 of 61
Square

@TatumsPlace - It sure will! 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 20 of 61

@Sean Is the inventory syncing only through an api or through can we do it through wix?

Message 21 of 61