Customizing Checkout Experience To Our Own Preferences!

It would be great if we can customize our checkout fields to the way we want just like the contact forms and survey form elements. For instance, there are some fields that come by default such as Region and Zip which are pretty lame and unwanted for me, and so I would like to remove them from letting the user enter such information as they won't benefit me at all. Nevertheless, we should have the ability to also insert as many fields as we like in case there are some mandatory fields not placed in the default checkout. Furthermore, it would also be nice if we can have a tick box below the fields that states the user to save his/her credentials locally on their PC the next time they come to checkout so that they won't need to retype everything again. It would surely bring better sales for my business for minimizing and reducing the hassles. Last but not least, it would be super great if we can specify different rates for different shipping method services, ex: the user selects/picks from a drop-down "Express Shipping / Standard Shipping / Royal Shipping / Same-Day Shipping / International Shipping, and so on..." We can define these names to our own liking as well as set different charge fees for each. Well, nough said. If I had missed anything, then don't hesitate to comment below. All feedback is much appreciated. Smiley Wink

• eCommerce
Comments

Address fields are *not* needed for billing (Stripe / Paypal / Square)

- Weebly, PLEASE let us remove these old-fashioned order form fields!

Yes, to be able to change the checkout page ourselves could be great. I am trying to create combination of products option so they and me can see what is the combination of order.

faster checkout = more convenience for buyer = faster sale for seller

too bad Weebly's stupid checkout form is worsening things more and more. optional fields should be omitted by the website's admin as well as allow us to insert additional fields that might be useful for our business. what if i would like to inform my customers about something important during checkout. this is not quite feasable at the moment. they also recently have decreased the font size drastically on the checkout pages making it too hard and blurry for a viewer to see what's written. 

Yes, requested this option a while ago! Still need ability to add a 'company/business/organization' field on check-out form. Otherwise we have no idea when an order comes in what company it is for. We have to google the street address to see if we can find out the name of the company to ship the product to. 

Is there any plan to optimize this huge problem Weebly ? Atleast to make that personal information fields optional so we can chose of add it or not?

As you may understand, people don't like to put much for personal information at checkout process. Now we are force for our clients to add their personal information, even the phone which is optional, is shown in a way that seems required for our clients to add.

Weebly please, can you make this optional for us ? Is driving our sales down.

I would like to be able to add notes and even change the name of some of the fields in the checkout process page to make it more UX friendly to my customers. Not all stores are made equal...

Please please allow us to edit the shopping cart page. I sell (mostly) one of a kind pieces, and set my inventory to reflect there is only one of each available, however I have had multiple instances in which two customers simultaneously try to purchase the same item. One transaction for one customer will process normally while the other transaction for the other customer will reject their credit card yet still show a pending charge on their end, and nothing on my end. Customers then try to complete the transaction multiple times and show multiple pending charges. Though I try to explain these charges are pending authorizations and will cancel in a day or two, it causes a lot of issues and stress. I'd like to be able add a note to the cart page to remind customers to only attempt to purchase once and if there are problems completing the transaction to contact me. Though I could add a note to the product description pages, many never bother to read those pages thoroughly before completing their purchase.

I think I second this motion Smiley Happy The authors point has a direct relationship to branding and I'm sure Weebly, as a business itself, knows first hand the value not just of branding but the advertising environment that surrounds it. In this case it combines the issue of website continuity. Which if you'll look back to the beginning of PayPal, they ran on a pop-up windows for both purchases and shopping carts and ultimately had to meet the demands and create their API to allow both to be integrated directing into websites for this very purpose. It's my belief that having the shopping cart customization would complete the, "Look & Feel," aspect of the Weebly eCommerce Online Shopping Experience and would be a benefit to both users and Weebly as an increase in quality to it's product.

It would be reall helpful to be able to edit the checkout part of my site. For example editing the colors because currently the light grey used is almost unseeable on many computers.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors