Customizing Checkout Experience To Our Own Preferences!

It would be great if we can customize our checkout fields to the way we want just like the contact forms and survey form elements. For instance, there are some fields that come by default such as Region and Zip which are pretty lame and unwanted for me, and so I would like to remove them from letting the user enter such information as they won't benefit me at all. Nevertheless, we should have the ability to also insert as many fields as we like in case there are some mandatory fields not placed in the default checkout. Furthermore, it would also be nice if we can have a tick box below the fields that states the user to save his/her credentials locally on their PC the next time they come to checkout so that they won't need to retype everything again. It would surely bring better sales for my business for minimizing and reducing the hassles. Last but not least, it would be super great if we can specify different rates for different shipping method services, ex: the user selects/picks from a drop-down "Express Shipping / Standard Shipping / Royal Shipping / Same-Day Shipping / International Shipping, and so on..." We can define these names to our own liking as well as set different charge fees for each. Well, nough said. If I had missed anything, then don't hesitate to comment below. All feedback is much appreciated. Smiley Wink

• eCommerce
Comments

Most checkouts allow for two lines for address, one require and one optional.  Also there are many cases where you need two lines to put in an address.  One of those cases is where the customer wants to put in a business name for instance.  I would really like to have two lines available when it comes to putting in shipping address.

I have a product line where a customer can put in the wrong information for a vehicle identification number.  The Weebly check out does come in and ask for email and phone number.  Neither are required at this point by the system.  Sometimes customers don't answer emails and you need to call them.  To remedy this I put in a field in my store to ask for a phone number that I require, but then it is asked for again in the checkout.  If you can make email fields required and phone number fields required my customers would not have to put them in two places and I would make sure I always get a phone number.

The easiest way would be to be able to designate fields required or not.

Great suggestion! It would create a smoother user experience. 

We've found that customers don't like inputting the same information more than once. They say stuff like "well i already put that in, why wouldn't it just carry over" or they just give up because it's "to much work". Odds are, some customers are laying in bed at 9pm before going to bed shopping, and they just want to send you information, why put a hurdle in their way.

Kudos man! 

RP

I am not getting customers phone numbers at all.  Where do I fix that?

The buyer's phone number should show up on your orders. If you're using Paypal for your checkout, there's a setting in your Paypal account where you can mark the phone number optional or required (it's a little tricky to find but it's under "Seller Preferences" > "Website Preferences" in your Paypal account).

If you've marked that required or if you're using a different payment processor and the phone numbers are not showing up on your orders, you can open a support request (https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and we'll be happy to take a look.

This is another request we've heard from a few users and it's something that's in the works. Thanks for your patience!

Absolutely in favor of this--we've have run in to lots of issues with customers who have 2-line addresses using the existing checkout system.  This problem is costing our business a lot of money.  I'm considering whether we should move to a different checkout system just to solve it.

I called paypal after trying to find the option that requires the customer input a phone number when making a purchase.  They claim there's no way to do this for a standard paypal account.  They also said there 'might' be for uprageded paypal accounts.

There needs to be an easy way to make customers required to give a phone number at checkout.  Currently I have to E-mail them for a phone number if they don't input one at checkout.  Apparently you can change this with HTML or CSS, however I doubt most weebly user know these languages all to well.  I for one do not.

Fed Ex requires a phone number for shipments.  It would be nice if a phone number was required in the store checkout.  Adding an option for this under store settings that you can check or uncheck would be hepful.

@Dreamweeber  If you add this to the 'Vote on Features' section, I will certainly vote for it!

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors