Customizing Checkout Experience To Our Own Preferences!

by tradey on ‎05-18-2016 09:09 AM - last edited on ‎05-18-2016 10:11 AM by Employee Moderator

It would be great if we can customize our checkout fields to the way we want just like the contact forms and survey form elements. For instance, there are some fields that come by default such as Region and Zip which are pretty lame and unwanted for me, and so I would like to remove them from letting the user enter such information as they won't benefit me at all. Nevertheless, we should have the ability to also insert as many fields as we like in case there are some mandatory fields not placed in the default checkout. Furthermore, it would also be nice if we can have a tick box below the fields that states the user to save his/her credentials locally on their PC the next time they come to checkout so that they won't need to retype everything again. It would surely bring better sales for my business for minimizing and reducing the hassles. Last but not least, it would be super great if we can specify different rates for different shipping method services, ex: the user selects/picks from a drop-down "Express Shipping / Standard Shipping / Royal Shipping / Same-Day Shipping / International Shipping, and so on..." We can define these names to our own liking as well as set different charge fees for each. Well, nough said. If I had missed anything, then don't hesitate to comment below. All feedback is much appreciated. Smiley Wink

Hi, @localtrends and commenters! I wanted to let you know that we have continued to push the Weebly team to make the checkout process more customizable. The team is considering it at the moment, and I will let you know when I hear otherwise.

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Comments
by felixhenry
on ‎04-12-2016 03:48 AM - last edited on ‎04-19-2016 02:23 PM by Community Manager

Please can you consider adding an editing option to the customer order form, so that we can include our business name and address to the sheet. We print this form out and put it in with every order we send out, but it would look a lot more professional if we could add our details - our logo too, if possible. It currently looks very generic.

Thank you!

Jo Edwards

by Dispensinglink
on ‎05-11-2016 03:39 PM - last edited on ‎05-11-2016 04:01 PM by Employee Moderator

Right now I have the buisness package, but at checkout the "Shipping Information" tabs do not allow for a Business to put in their Business Name.

Can you make that change for the Weebly Business Package customers?

by jchodoriwsky
on ‎05-20-2016 07:42 AM

More checkout control would be great.

I believe you can already set multiple shipping methods per region and they show up with radio button selection - so for me on www.stratosgame.com, I have enabled free shipping and expedited shipping for both Canada and USA - they both show up. Smiley Wink

by tradey
on ‎05-22-2016 10:09 AM

yeah you're right, missed that

by jchodoriwsky
on ‎05-24-2016 12:40 PM

Still, great post about more control and options for checkout. I posted a suggestion as well, one we really need - a separate HTML page for checkout success  - which would give us better funnel insight for Google Analytics etc.

by shilpakollengod
on ‎05-25-2016 03:50 PM - last edited on ‎06-03-2016 12:43 PM by Employee Moderator

A way to edit the thank you page after eCommerce checkout? This is the page that a user is taken to after they purchase something from a Weebly eCommerce.

by jchodoriwsky
on ‎06-07-2016 10:35 PM

Great post - you're asking the same thing I've been pressing for, although you have phrased it nicer. You're looking for a better post-checkout experience, I am looking for better analytics. Win-win.

Weebly, when can we have this feature? Even the option to have a dedicated thank-you.html page that is in every way a standard weebly page would be wonderful.

Anyone else doing eCommerce will really benefit here.

by mctasty
on ‎06-10-2016 12:40 AM

totally agree. we need more flexibility to customize our shopping cart to the way we want. we should also have the ability to set fields as required or not just like in the contact forms.

by jchodoriwsky
on ‎06-10-2016 01:14 AM

I think one of the things that could make this take a while, though, is that extended customization goes against Weebly's reason-for-being, which is to make website setup as easy as possible. Maybe they will approach this in stages?

That said, at the very least I would love to see them grab the low-hanging fruit sooner rather than later. My fingers are crossed for that customizable, unique-URL page to thank the customer after checkout is completed.

by tradey
on ‎06-12-2016 12:13 AM

i think it's all about priority ranking as well as how much time it can take, and how feasible it would be on them.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors