x

How do I delete a location?

How do I delete a location?

How do I delete a location that is inactive?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How do I delete a location?

I am frustrated with the location option. I am the owner and some how I am listed as the location. Now I cannot see my inventory or update my inventory. I am afraid to deactivate location for myself because I am concerned I may lose everything. All I want to do is see my inventory and update it.

Verified Answer

Re: How do I delete a location?

While we don't currently offer the ability to delete a location completely, you are able to deactivate any of your locations directly from your Square Dashboard. You can also reactivate your location at anytime, so you don't have to worry about accidentally disabling a location. 

I'll be sure to send your feedback about having this functionality over to our Product Liaison Team. 

138 Comments

I'm having a similar problem where I created a second "location" by mistake and now can't get rid of it. The second "location" was in my own name, not in the businesses name, and now my name is appearing on receipts and there's no way for me to edit my online store without going to this "Individual Dashboard" with my name all over it instead of my business name. Can you help? I just want to delete this Individual Dashboard and location entirely, not just inactivate it.

Alumni

Hi @littlegrocery - Unfortunately you can't delete a location at this time. You can only make it inactive. Sorry about this!

Wow this still hasn’t been added? What if I delete my whole account and have it recreated will it be fresh from day 1?

Its problem because homebase charges per location if you chose to use it with Square. We also ran into this problem recently. We have one physical location and traveling locations. We've rolled it back to 2 locations, one is our store, the other is our mobile store.  However all the other locations I setup are still there and homebase wants to charge me for each.

Came here to ask this, too. I created a second location purely to see what it would look like and how/if it would work for my business. Found I didn't need it...and now I can't delete it. I deactivated it and it STILL shows up all the time as an option in various workflows. Like when I signed in here at the community, it gave me a choice between two locations. If it's inactive, it should NOT show up like this. And deleting it should be easy--why is this not an option?

Admin

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with this, @HeyShay; I can see how not being able to delete a location would cause confusion and added steps to your workflow. I went to check on this and there are not any updates that I can share out. While there isn't another workaround we can offer, I will be raising your post to our Point of Sale Team. Apologies for the frustration—keep in touch for updates.

I see the, "we hear your concern, please see Kelly's response", but almost 2 years after the thread was started, this problem still exists. So, I guess it's time to start making noise on social platforms about it.

Hello @WantToDeleteLoc, currently you can deactivate a location from your Square Dashboard under Account & Settings. At this time we do not have the ability to delete a location. 

Thanks Chad, that's exactly why I posted my comment above.  Deactivation is not sufficient.

I literally just tried to click the kudos under the last comment and it sent me to a screen to choose my location. How dumb is that? Deactivating doesn't do anything.