x

Other approved tablets and iPads

I wonder if SQUAREUP will have other iPads that can connect with the POS SYSTEMS, such as iPad Pro 9.7", or iPad Pro 12", and other Android tablets.

It sure would be nice, because I would like to use what I have instead of having to purchase another tablet just to go with the POS system SQUARE offers.

The iPad Pro has a really neat keyboard integration that is so simple, I wish I would have thought of it.

Can anyone answer this question for me?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @LizardArcher! Are you thinking about the white, Square Stand? If so, you're correct that the current version does not support Apple's latest iPad models that were recently announced. The latest model Square Stand supports iPad (4th generation, Lightning), and iPad Air (Lightning), but I'll be sure to pass along your feedback.

However, you can still use our POS app, Square Register, and our Square Reader with your iPad Pro. You don't have to have the stand to accept payments. The POS app can be downloaded from the App Store for free. The Square Chip Card Reader ($29) connects via headphone jack, and the Square Contactless + Chip Reader ($49) connects via Bluetooth Low Energy.

Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 4

The current version that was just updated will not recognize or connect with the ipad pro 12"

Message 3 of 4
Square

@mikesobay The current version of our Square Register App should absolutely work with your iPad pro, are you speaking about the Square Stand or are you having trouble with the Square Register App?

Message 4 of 4