x

Can we accept a payment for a job billed previously similar to a credit card payment?

Can we accept a payment for a job billed previously similar to a credit card payment?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can we accept a payment for a job billed previously similar to a credit card payment?

Hi Doris, each time you want to process a payment, you will need to get the credit card information from your customer. We don't store credit card information for recurring charges but we will pass this request to our Product Liaison team. 

7 Comments

Hi Doris, each time you want to process a payment, you will need to get the credit card information from your customer. We don't store credit card information for recurring charges but we will pass this request to our Product Liaison team. 

I second this request!!!

If I understand your request properly I would suggest a duplicate invoice with each payment. For instance, have a referance to the "On Account" and referance to "Amount Paid" duplicate the invoice when your client is ready to make another payment.  Update the referances (on the dulplicate invoice) with the new amounts. This will keep uniformity in the transactions and will allow you to track the Job to completion.

Abc Item ($1.00)                            1     $0.00

Cde Item ($1.00)                            1     $0.00

Xyz On Accout Balance ($2.00)   1     $0.00

Todays Payment                           1     $0.50

Ant Due:                                               $0.50

Forced-controlled again! They will not allow a 0.00 amount to be on an item and unfortunately modifier sets do not work for invoicing. Just one more frustrating useless setting that square had defaulted into the cookie cutter business scheme. Sorry but I don’t know how my suggestion would work unless you charged 1.00 for each reference item and deducted it from the payment amount.  So frustrating.

Kelly, I don’t think that is what she asked. We need the ability to reference items and not charge for them.  We need to be able to add text to invoices and receipts or change existing invoices and items to reflect a unique situation. So wish Square would allow for individuality and stop trying to stuff us into a cookie-cutter business model.

Who verified this answer? Why cant we accept payments on a job, or in the very least reference a payment on an invoice?  Why cant we control the way we want to conduct business using Square? Give us a real answer not a generic statement.

I have an item on my register as 0.00.